Getting Red Sharpie Out of a Suede Couch

My 2 year old found a RED SHARPIE yesterday when we were visiting my sister. I was talking to her and all of a sudden turned my head to see why he was sooo quiet only to find that he had cover the whole arm rest of the light colored suede couch in my sis's living room.
Does anyone know how to get sharpie ink from suede????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I would suggest trying a product called solumel- it got permanent black marker off my dining room table.If you know someone who sells Melaleuca get it from them or if not I would be happy to get it for you.

Solumel all the way! My 3 year old got his little hands on a black Sharpie and decided to display his artistic talents all over my computer screen, his body, and the desk. Solumel got it ALL off. It saved us SO much money!

In my experience, the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" gets sharpie ink off of computer screens and tv screens when nothing else would. Dont know if it works on furniture, but it's definitely worth a try!!! I swear by those things! They are in the cleaning aisle of every store! Good luck!

i'm not sure about suede, but i know that rubbing alcohol will get our permenent marker. you might test a little bit on a dry rag on a spot not seen to make sure it's ok for the suede. also Mr. Clean Magic Eraser seems to work on almost anything as well.

T.:

Please, please send me a message when you get your responses. My two year old did the same with a black sharpie about two weeks ago! I can repaint the walls, but the dining room chair, the leather sofa and chair and a suede chair?????

Thanks so much in advance!

Purell works like a charm. I've used Purell (yes, the hand sanitizer) to get ink stains out of clothes and black sharpie off of kitchen cabinets and carpet as well as blood off of the carpet and furniture.

Hair spray...i use aussie or final net.
Test a small area first

Our company specializes in leather and suede cleaning. I would be very careful what you use on it as it depends on teh quality of the suede as to how it will affect it. PLease feel free to call Randy at Cornerstone Chem-Dry ###-###-#### for any advice he can give you. If he is not in the office, ask the staff to forward you to his cell phone or leave a message on his voice mail and he will get back to you! Good luck!
E.

I would be afraid of it bleeding or bleaching out color. My advice would be to call a professional if it is a nice piece of furniture.

My hubby used hand sanitizer to get ink out of our suede chair and it worked! Just put some on a q-tip!

1 / 3