Getting Pet Hair Out of Wool

Does anyone know how to get pet hair out of a wool blanket? I have tried washing it a couple times and the pet hair will not come out. I don't want to throw the blanket away as it's barely been used, but I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks!

Go to the pet store and buy a lint roller specifically made for pet hair. They are considerably stickier than the regular lint rollers and work great.

Hi S. -- I get cat fur off of everything with a lint roller made especially for pet fur -- the kind where you roll it a couple of times, tear off a strip and roll it again. You can find them with the regular lint rollers in Walgreens.

Have fun! L.

I've had pet hair get into flannel comforters in our cabins when people haven't followed our rules of 'no pets on the beds'! I don't know if this would work for you (and it's extrememly time consuming but i had to do it) but after the blanket is dried you can try a lint roller. I had to go over the queen size comforter a couple of times with the lint after it was washed and dried but it did work. I'm not sure if it'll work on the wool though...the flannel comforter was more 'smooth' than a wool blanket might be. Hope you find a solution. Good luck.

depending on how much hair you are talking about or how much time you want to spend, have you tried the sticky lint rollers or masking tape

Try taking a damp washcloth and wiping the blanket. It's hard to explain what I mean!

I've also seen a squeegy type of thing for getting pet hair off furniture and such. Have you tried doing an Internet search to see what pops up? The dryer does help, but depending on the hair, some seem to stick in more. Good luck...it seems like wool is really tough.

Try using a bristled pet brush to brush it out. Works wonders for carpets! I am always amazed at what I get out.

I've found that the dryer gets alot of pet hair out of blankets. I've even vacumned the blanket too to get out pet hair.

L. L
http://www.livegreeneveryday.com

use static guard-spray on-let sit-shake off-or vaccum-or dryer-i have 2 cats-1 dog-trust me-works great...

1 / 3