Getting Mold Out of a Stroller

Hi moms! I am wondering how I can get mold off of our stroller. We have kept it on our front porch and it got moldy. Any suggestions?

Hey there,
I had the same problem. Bleach is usually the only thing that takes out mold, but obviously it will ruin it. So i tried tilex bath mold and mildew remover and it worked great. It smelled like bleach but didn't ruin my stroller which is black. I would test it on an area first just to make sure it doens't ruin it but it should work. It worked wonders for me. I also used it on some toys that got mold. I hope this helps you.
S. F.

My stroller got moldy in the basement, I used Lysol wipes for the surfaces I coudn't put in the washer. They seemed to remove all of the mold. Good Luck!

I'm hoping others chime in, I'm dealing with mold on my stroller shade cover. I sprayed lysol on it for 4 days (1 x each day), next I tried perioxide (so far it did a little to get rid of it), I'm trying oxyclean now,I can still see black stains, at least half of the mold is gone. Anyone else??

Try lysol or clorox wipes. Neither contain bleach and they both disinfect.

I heard that vinegar works. Haven't tried it yet.

The same happened to a black stroller of mine. We put a tiny bit of bleach in hot water and scrubbed it down. The bleach did not harm the fabric at all and the stroller looks brand new.

This just happened to us this summer, too! I took off all removal cloth parts and soaked them in hot water in the kitchen sink. Then, my mom and I used a Comet Mildew spray remover (for the bathrooms) and sprayed until soaked on the spotty areas. I then let sit for awhile and then scrubbed with a brush. On the tough spots. I had to do this a couple times to let sit and soak. Then I washed with soap and water to get the spray and the strong smell out. It looks good as new except a couple spots if you get REAL close. I let them air dry and them put them back on the stroller. Good luck!

Hi A., First, I need to know if the mold is on any removable parts; i.e. canvas-type material that can be unsnapped from the basic structure. If so, they should be soaked in a mixture of Basic G and water for a couple of hours, rinsed and then washed with Shaklee's laundry detergent with Nature Bright added. This "recipe" should absolutely get the mold out. Now, if the carriage cannot be taken apart, I recommend the following: Mix up Basic G (germicide)with water and spray it generously on all moldy areas - scrub with a brush & rinse. It may be off at this point. People use Basic G to wash mold & mildew off their houses and their boats & just love the product. If it is even more stubborn, you can mix up some Scour Off with detergent to make a paste and rub this on the mold. You would leave this on for several hours and then wash off. Some folks have had success getting ink stains off carpets with this method. These are all Shaklee products which you can order through my website www.emilytaft.com with or without my assistance. I can also order them for you. Please contact me at ###-###-#### or ____@____.com, and I will be happy to chat with you about this issue. Best Wishes. E. Taft

1 / 3