Getting MASSIVE Junk Mail in the Ex Wife's Name at My House?

Hi All,
So, recently I have started getting A LOT of junk mail at my house addressed to my hubby's ex-wife, only it is addressed with her name as it was when she was married to my hubby, not with her current married name.

Hubby and I have been married for 13+ years and hubby and the ex were divorced and she has been remarried for 14+ years. We bought this house 10 years ago, the ex has never resided at our address...why all of a sudden is this happening and how do I go about stopping it? Do I have to call EVERY place that sent us the junk mail and ask to be taken off the mailing list? That's gonna suck because it is a serious amount of junk mail....we are totally getting spammed!

Thanks guys and as always, any and all thoughts welcomed and appreciated!

Junk mail frequently comes with a return envelope. I open the letter, take all the stuff, including the envelope it came it, shove it into the return envelope and send it back to the sender. They NEVER send you another one.

Write "wrong address, return to sender" or "no such person" and put it back in the mailbox.

No clue. My dad died almost 10 years ago and we have moved like 4 times since he died, so he has obviously never lived here... but for some reason, every now and then we get junk mail for him too.

You have to call the places and have her do a change of address for her name that you are receiving. Or, put "return to sender" "wrong address" on the letters and stick them back in the mail box.

I read once that a guy took the preprinted return envelope that comes in a lot of junk mail and taped in on a box with a brick in it and sent it back to the sender. The sender has to pay for the postage of that package - with the brick in the package the postage gets costly - they will take your name off their list.

I agree with another post, do an address change card - who cares if you technically can't do that!!!!!!

I was told by our postal carrier that when it comes to junk mail that is sent without an actual postage stamp (you know, the kind that comes pre-printed with "presorted, postage paid"), that most of the time the post office just trashes the mail without sending it back to sender if you attempt to return the unopened mail. So in reality, it never really makes it back to the junk mailer and you are never removed from their mailing list. So unfortunately, you might have to contact each business and ask to be removed, which could take up to 60+ days for it to take effect. Sorry. :( Junk mail is the worst and such a waste of resources!!!

I was a mail carrier and they dont send back just mail it is just tossed. Contact your post office and talk to the post master. Have them make sure you no longer recieve her mail.
I had a person on my route that you never delievered mail to his house that was address to his ex. Thats about the best way to stop it from comming.
If you have a good carrier it will stop.

Ask her to do a change of address card.

Go to the post office and fill out a change of address. Have it all sent to her current address.. If that does not work, just trash it.. I know it is a waste of paper, but sometimes, it just never stops..

I admit we have been in this house for over 20 years and still get mail for grandmother that used to live here.. I have always wanted to fill out a change of address with new address:
G.A.
Heaven Box. 1..

1 / 3