Getting Married... If We Can Find Someone to Marry Us!

My fiance and I do not belong to a church and we are having a tough time finding someone to marry us within our budget. We really cant aford to pay a pastor/minister more than 75$. If we were to go through a "Marriage officiant" their standard fee is 200$! <<(What the courthouse pastors costs for on-site weddings) Can anyone help me out with some contact info. We really want to find someone... meet with them and talk to them about it soon since the wedding is May 19th!

We all ready contacted the courthouse and it wont work. They are costly to do an on-site wedding and we have all ready sent out invitations and the wedding is to be outdoors (in Independence, MO) with reception directly after, so we wont be able to change any of those plans. We simply need someone to show up and get us hitched :)

We found someone!! I had actually called my pastor form the church I grew up in... he Christened and Babtised me... and now he is going to marry me! I left a message on his home phone last week and he just called me letting me know that no one got him the message until then. We are really excited and I am so thankful for all of your awesome advice and contact information you gave to help us out! Thanks so much!

First of all....CONGRATULATIONS!!! My sister was in the same situation a couple of years ago, so my brother got certified to marry them on the internet. It was a lot more meaningful and pretty neat. I dont have info for you but you may try to google this. I will try to get info and get back to you.

Hi, I have a really nice guy who works for me that is an ordained minister. He said he may be interested and I could pass along his name and number to you. His name is Mark Hull and his number is ###-###-####. Just tell him D. referred you from the Mommy group so he'll know who you are. You'll just need to give him location info. and such. Hope it works out for you-my husband's name is Eric too!

Have a friend or family member do it. You can get a officiant license online.

Ask co-workers and family members for the phone numbers of their pastors. Most won't accept money for performing this service but they will accept it as an offering to the church or if you state that it's to cover his/her traveling experience.

If you were in Oklahoma I could recommend mine or a cousin's uncle but I have no contacts in Mo anymore.

Are you in Ks or Ok or Mo? I live in Ok and my dad is a minister. He's ordained in Ks, Ok, Tx, Ar, and I think Mo.....not sure on that one. He'd help out if his scheduale allowed it. I could call him. He's super sweet and did my sister's and my wedding. Not to mention A LOT of others along the way. His only request is that he usually likes couples to do some sort of premarital counseling, but if time is short he's usually ok skipping it. I know Jeff and I didn't have time!

I know someone who could do it depending on your location. Where are you getting married?

If you are in KS - try Woody Longan. He is an atty but an official that can marry couples. His phone # is ###-###-####. Not for sure what his price is now.

You might also try the Johnson County Courthouse and see if one of the judges can marry you. Don't know their price eithr.

Good luck and congrats!!

I'm a little surprised at what you had to say. I don't 'officially' belong to a church and when I got married hadn't actually been in one since my best friend's funeral. But a pastor married my exhusband and I at my aunt's house. As far as I have ever known, a pastor can not charge money for services like that. But they do want a donation for it. I gave the pastor who did mine $50. That's what my father said was paid to the one who did my sister's wedding.

I have a pastor that i just called that is in the Moore area, i dont know if you are anywhere near that but the number is ###-###-#### and tell him that C. refered you to him ok?

C..

P.S. I dont know what if any he charges but if that doesnt work out let me know, i think i can find 1 other person for you ok?

have you looked into having a close friend or relative "ordained"? i have heard you can do it online for less than $50.00. it's worth looking into. that could be their wedding present to you!

1 / 3