Getting Karo Syrup Out of Carpet

Hello, Mamas!
I'm polling the collective wisdom for any ideas to get corn syrup out of our carpet. Our eighteen-month-old was being "helpful" and we ended up with syrup on the floor. Fortunately, it's in a fairly inconspicuous place and what's left still seems to be sitting on top of the carpet rather than down in it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

I use ice cubes to remove wax from the carpet-why not give this a try. Let it melt into the spot then pick it out generally using your fingers or a soft item so not to tear your carpet. It will not harm the color and usually picks up the carpeting to balance with the rest of your carpet. this is easy yet it does take some time and may need to go over a few times to pick everything out.

I would try to get most of it up with just paper towels, then use hot soapy water to get the rest of it out.

To start, I would boil water and have towels ready, then pour the hot water on to pull out the sticky mess, then I would use what ever carpet cleaner you feel works best for you.

trying spraying resolve carpet cleaner let it sit on it a bit and dab with damp sponge or paper towel.

1 / 3