Getting Ink Out of Leather

Hi. My 3 1/2 yr. old daughter decided to write on my back seat in the car which just happens to be tan leather! I almost had a heartattack when she showed me today by saying "taaa daaaaaaaaa" like she was proud of her artwork! So does anyone know how to get this out by any chance???? I appreciate any suggestions and will try them all!

Hi E., My name is M., a mother of three grown children. I had great sucess with getting ink out of many fabrics by using rubbing alcohol. Use a soft cloth or cotton ball soaked with the alcohol and rub well, should remove all the ink. If need be try a couple of times. Good luck

E.,
cheap hair spray will usually get ink out of anything. Also you could try one of those magic clean eraser they seem to work great. Thanks M.

I heard that you can get ink out of anything by using hairspray - then wipe it clean with a soap and water to get the stickiness. It is worth a try. :)

I found this on the web
ALCOHOL:
Rubbing alchohol will take out the ball point pen. Put it on a soft
cloth and rub gently.

I worked for a Lexus dealership and for the leather interior we used Pampers babywipes to get ink stain out of the Leather. It's non-abrasive.

I don't know what kind of ink it is, but RainX works on some kinds, and it also takes crayon off carseats. The rainx that works is the one that goes on the windshield, not the cleaner or defogger. Good luck!

Try some cologne or acetone (in fingernail polish remover). Make sure you test s spot first as it can take the color out of the leather if you scrub at it!

E.,

Hair spray does wonders for getting out ink. Spray it on and wipe right away with a damp cloth. It may may take several sprays, but it works. Also, you can tru Goo gone or goof off.

E.,

I have always used hairspray, but never on leather. So, I did a search to see what other's would recommend- and it seems that it is the alcohol in the hairspray that works on ink. Based on the feedback of others online, using alcohol on leather seems to work without damaging the leather. Check out this link for more info: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=291958

Try murphys oil mixed with water and wipe down, it wont ruin yout leather, yes the kind for wood floors but on the back off the bottle there many other uses for it, I clean my inside of my car with it all the time:-)
If that doesnt work Pine sol and water has been a miracle cleaner--it took kool aid and red hot out of my carpet!
Good luck, and maybe have her help you so she knows not to do that again.

1 / 3