Getting Crayon, Pen and Pencil off the Wall...

Does anyone know what I can use to get crayon, pen ink, and pencil markings off a wall? The wall is painted, so I don't want to use anything that will take the paint off. Thanks!

Thanks guys! I have had crayon on my wall for quite some time, and some more new marks popped up too. Lol. Before, I had tried scrubbing it off with a sponge and it didn't work, I just ended up taking some of the paint off. So I just gave up and I was thinking that we would have to paint the walls again. But this weekend, I'll be getting a magic eraser! Thanks again!

**update**
Well, the mr clean magic eraser is magical! It got all the marks off the wall and then some other stuff too! Thank you for all the responses!

vinegar works wonders on all stains and odors. I use it with potty training down to scrubbing the mud and dirt out of the carpets in the car.

If Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser doesn't work, try this stuff called Awesome (yellow liquid in a spray bottle) from the Dollar Tree.

Try hairspray. Aersol hairspray. It may take some of the paint off the wall but it should work. Don't use the magic eraser, it doesn't work!!!

You can also use hairspray on clothes, carpet, etc. It works well. I used hairspray on red ink that was on every pair of my husband's khaki pants b/c he left a red pen in one of his pockets. I also had dried them not knowing it was in there! ALL of the RED INK came OUT!!!

A. -
I work with a wonderful company that has all natural products and it has a product that will take all of that off in no time flat. And the best part is it's all non-toxic to kids, pets and you. I'd love to give you more information about the whole lines we have. Please give me a call to find out about Sol-U-Mel which will remove all those "stains" in about 3 seconds. This will even take off permanent marker.
###-###-####

AVON Skin So Soft (Original, not the pink cap) will remove all of these without removing paint. It's also good for a bunch of other uses around the house and completely 100% safe. If you don't have any, or don't want to purchase any Skin So Soft you may want to try some rubbing acohol or a Mr. Clean Eraser. However, test these two substances somewhere near a baseboard or corner to make sure it won't remove the paint. I've used the Mr Clean Eraser to clean walls before and a small bit of the paint came off with the dirt, but nothing that discolors the walls or where you cleaned. Just test them first to be safe. If you would like to know where to buy some AVON SSS online, send me a message and I'll be happy to point you in that direction. Good Luck

If it is a glossy or semi-gloss, WD-40 works well. Just be sure not to use it on matte paint.

My mom had this problem when my 2 year old took marker to the walls at her house..we used those Mr. Clean Dry erase cleaner things..they worked great..try those...they didn't take the paint off, and the marker was gone..it was amazing...lol

I've always had success with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. My daughter had written on the wall with crayon one time and I thought all hope was lost and that I would never get it off but the Magic Eraser took it right off! It didn't damage my paint either. Hope that helps. Good luck! :)

Magic Eraser! they are a life-saver LOL and the best part is that they are so easy to use to get marks off that you can make your kid clean it as punishment for marking on the wall =)

Mr Clean Magic Eraser works great!

1 / 3