Getting Burn Marks Out of Corning Ware

Hi, I was reheating spaghetti sauce in a white cornng ware piece and I forgot about it on the stove!! There was about 1/2 inch of caked on sauce, (I got all of that off) but now there are just a lot black marks all over the bottom of the corning ware piece. Any suggestions for getting rid of it? Thanks so much!

Have you tried putting baking soda in it and leaving it overnight? Also, the Dollar Store, yes, the dollar store has a liquid called advantage that gets rid of almost anything...try it. I use it all of the time and it works great. Let me know if you have any success with these suggestions.

Check out this website, it's called eHow. It has answers to just about everything you need to know. Here is the direct link to cleaning corningware: http://www.ehow.com/how_###-###-####_clean-corningware.html

-M.

I second the soft scrub. Put some in the corning ware make a nice layer and let it sit for about an hour or longer. It should come right off.

Baking soda works like a charm

Maybe try some Soft Scrub? Or you could always fill the sink with water an put in a BUNCH of powdered Cascade and soak it like that for a bit and then try scrubbing?

I know they say not to use abrasives but I very lightly use SOS pads on mine and that works. It also works on rust marks on the bathrub from shaving cream cans. But do it very lightly so you don't remove the porcelin (I think that is what is on corning ware). A.

I also use SOS pads on my corning ware even though you're not supposed to - SOS pads and cold water keeps them looking like new. Maybe they're a little scratched up but I haven't noticed.

I've been using baking soda with a little water to make a paste on anything that seems like it cannot be removed (gray spoon marks in mugs, crayon or marker on wood, built on grease (splattered from frying, etc.). You might want to use a Dobie pad to scrub it but so far it hasn't failed me. Plus it's something I always have in the house.

1 / 3