Getting Black Stains Out from Toilet Bowls

I am not sure how it happened but I now have black-brown stains at the bottom of the toilet bowl.

I have scrubbed and used bleach but they are stubborn.

Any suggestions or products that anyone has found helpful?

Thanks,

There is also liquid pumice ... available at janitorial supply shops. Works wonders and in under a few minutes with very little scrubbing.

There is a product from ACE hardware (I am sure they sell it other places but this is where I know of) called Zud! It works wonders. I had a friend who moved but her house didn't sell so I watched after it and the toilets were a mess since no one lived in it. They were disgusting and that stuff worked wonders! Its like an ajax type powder. Hope that helps.

Try a pumice stone for toilet bowls - sold @ Smart & Final and other stores carrying industrial cleaning supplies.

Drop Alka Seltzer in the toilet and let it sit for as long as possible, then scrub! Good luck!

I'm not sure if it will work, but my dad SWEARS by vinegar. He says just dump some in and let it sit a day or so and then scrub with the toilet brush and it comes clean. We just moved into a new house so I havent tried it yet with my toilets, but it cant hurt.

Yes, pumice stones work great! I used to be a maid and this is what we used. Worked every time! :)
(I think you can even find them at WalMart or whatever...)

Try a pumice stone.

Yep, just like everyone else has said, pumice stone. I buy mine in the cleaning supplies aisle at Albertsons.

1 / 3