Get the Smell of Pee Out of Mattress

Hi, my son has been wetting the bed more often at night now (he's 3 1/2) but i cant seem to get that smell out of the mattress. Im scrubbing and scrubbing but little to no luck. yuck.
and ideas?

Go to a pet store and get a product that works for pet urine odor--these seem to work for human urine, too. Look for something with enzymes. Get a waterproof mattress pad, too. I get mine at The Company Store, which has a website at www.thecompanystore.com. Good luck!

White vinegar and water, half and half mix, gets out everything. I would use a spray bottle or wet a towel with it and blot the stain. Then get a waterproof matress cover. good luck. And yes, the vinegar smell goes away quick!

"Nature's Miracle"!!!! I can't recommend it enough! I buy it by the gallon at the pet store. The enzymes in it take away stains AND odors. Even old urine stains that keep "reappearing" in the carpet. I keep a spray bottle of it in a couple places in my house, just to have it handy.

Okay...I just went and grabbed my bottle. This is what the front label says:

Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover

Permanently Eliminates All Stains & Odors--Even Urine Odors Other Products Fail to Remove. Nature Makes it Work! Removes all organic stains and odors, including foods, blood, vomit, feces, grease, dirt, grass, smoke, and perspiration. Safe for use around children and pets. GUARANTEED or your money back!

There's tons of info on the back label, but I'll just include the first paragraph: Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover with nature's enzymes completely eliminates puppy and dog stains and odors including urine and feces accidents, food, drooling, bedding stains & odors and other hard-to-get-out dog messes. Safe and effective, will also work on old and deep-set stains and odors. (Then it gives directions for beds, carpets, laundry, etc.)

Can you tell I love this stuff!?! If it was available as a MLM opportunty, I'd be selling it, lol! ;-)

HTH!

You'd be amazed at what a little hydrogen peroxide can do. I use it on my carpet for odor removal and it removed the smell. It didn't remove any color, but you may want to test a small spot first to make sure it doesn't remove color if that's important to you. Pour it on and let it dry. If you have a home carpet cleaner, you can pour it on, let it sit for awhile, and then pull up with the cleaner. It also works great to remove blood stains from towels and clothing. (My husband is a physician, so we use this remedy quite often!)

You can also try baking soda....spread it on and leave it for a day, then vaccuum it up. Do this again, but use a wet cloth to rub it in, then let it dry and vaccuum it up.

Sorry, I don't know and have had to dispose of a mattress for that reason. I did, then, invest in a waterproof mattress pad from Land's End. Has to be washed in a front loader which I now own, but worth it! There are disposable pads they sell for puppies that are large, but I don't know if they'd shift around. Sorry I can't help save the mattress!

Urine be gone is wonderful. Bed bath and beyond, Walmart both sales it.

1 / 3