Gender Ultrasound - West Mifflin,PA

Hi Everyone! So I had my gender ultrasound a while back and I was told I was having a girl. That was the only ultrasound I am having with this pregnancy. I am really excited about having a baby girl, but now I am hearing all these stories from people who were told they were having a girl and then found out it was a boy! Has this ever happened to any of you?

The Ultrasound was done @ 19 weeks, and she was spread eagle. The Sonographer showed me the three lines that were supposed to be her labia.

Congrats on the sex ultrasound. Those are fun.

I had three friends that were told they were having boys and ended up with girls at delivery. :-p

We didn't find out with the first. We did with the other two, and both sex scans were correct.

My friend overdid the ultrasounds. Was told every month through ultrasound that her daughter looks good. At birth, it was a boy. LOL She had to repaint the baby's room and find a boy's name...and return all of those clothes and pink things.

We never had any ultrasounds for any reason, so we were surprised. I felt like a kid at Christmas opening a present with all 4 of our babies. We have our baby shower AFTER the baby is born, so everyone gets to meet the baby, hear the birth story ONCE and bring something specific for the baby.

Yes I know several people who had that happen to in the last 4 years........they were told it was a girl at 16 weeks and at 20 weeks found out it was a boy.
With our 3rd we too were told we were having a girl at 16 weeks(we already had 2 boys) . We waited till 24 weeks and went to one of those 3D places and got a U/S , it was only $100. Yes she was a girl, but I wanted to be sure .

I have herd of it happening both ways. It just depends on how clear the shot was. Was it just a glance? Or was she spread eagle. My oldest was not modest at all and was spread eagle so we could tell for sure what he was without question. There are a lot of factors.

The quality of the ultrasound machine makes a big difference. Some older machines are more fuzzy and more mistakes were/are made on them. I have definitely seen a difference in quality of ultrasound picts when comparing mine with friends. And I'd ask the ultrasound tech how confident they are when reading it--a "pretty sure" is a lot different from "without a doubt". I'd definitely keep tags on any clothes you aren't using immediately and have a back up name for a boy.

It can happen for sure but it's not very common. It usually happens when you do the ultra sound too early and so the doc thinks it's one sex when really it's other due to the baby not being developed enough. I had a friend who had to get an ultrasound around 14 weeks they told her they could tell it was another boy (she had 3 boys already) then at her 20 week ultrasound it turned out to be a girl! So what they saw between the legs? Who knows? So yeah it can happen but if you got a real clear shot between the legs and had your ultrasound around 19 or 20 weeks along then Congrats! You're having a girl!!!!!!

Nope, in our family and circle of friends all U/S predictions were correct. Both for my sis and me (and that was way back) and for all 4 of my sister's kids as well as my DD. For my sister's son and my DD it was so obvious, even I could see on the grainy pictures that they were obviously a boy/girl respectively.

I think it's rare nowawdays to be off, most likely if they just take a guess while not getting a good look, if the ultrasound is done too early or if the baby's privates are not 100% one way or the other (that is actually more common than many people realize).

Six times and six correct answers! I had my ultrasounds after 24 weeks though so it was pretty obvious.

1 / 3