Gas Drops for a Newborn?

I am wondering if anyone has used the gas drops that are now available over the counter? And how young can you give them?

Any info you know and can share would be great!!
Thanks! R.

Thanks everyone!! I left out details of why I was asking so I could get honest answers. Our 7 week daughter is very gassy. She also has colic and acid reflux, on top of a double infection in both eyes that have clogged tear ducts. So life with her the last 7 weeks has not been to much fun. I wanted to know what everyone used and thought of it.
Thanks we are off to the store to try something to offer her relief.

I had to use Mylecon every feeding for my 7 month old for many weeks...they said it was safe. I also use Gripe Water which I get at Peapods on Snelling in St. Paul. That seems to help immediately where Mylecon is more of a preventative.

Good luck, gas makes the little ones sore...

We used them quite early and they did help!

We used gas drops for our oldest son (now 4) and they worked great, even for hiccups. We started using them when he was young. Probably almost a month old. Would have used them sooner probably if we knew about it sooner. We did try it with our second son (almost 2) and it did nothing for him. The doctors told us that they didn't believe there was a significance to them and that they didn't work well, but I guess it depends on the child. Good luck.

We used the drops from about 2mo - 6 months. We started using them when we started trying to get out son to sleep through the night. The gass would wake him at night, so we started giving him a dose every night before bed. We found it helped.

Now, he doesn't seem to have any problems.

I used Target brand gas drops. My son had really bad gas. The things that helped most were:
Me eating less gas causing foods, onions, beans, dairy.
Gas drops
I drank large amounts of fennel tea (I hated the taste but it helped and now I kinda like that anise flavor)
Baby aerobics (I would sing row your boat and press my sons legs to his tummy, I can't believe how much gas this would expel!
Warm lavender baths before bed.

I know how hard it can be to have a gassy baby, hang in there it will get better! It takes time for babies to learn how to use their bodies. Hopefully it won't take too long, it took my son six months, but I got really good at helping him thru it. Best of luck!
A.

Hi R.,

I used Mylicon for my son. They are very safe. I gave them to him very young, I don't remember the exact age, but he was young. My girlfriend told me she used them on her twins as preventative care for gas at night. She would give them the drops before their bottle. Hope this helps.

Hi
My baby was early when we brought him home he was very gassy and had colic very bad we used Gripe water that you can get from natural food store this worked very well for us.

Yes, I used them for my son as soon as I found out about them. They worked awesome! He was 12 weeks old at the time. I used the mylicon and the target brand. They both worked great.

1 / 3