Games for 60Th Birthday Party

I am planning a surprise birthday party for my dad. He is going to be 60 years old. He is always cracking jokes and making people laugh.i need help on games to play. There are roughly 15 to 20 poeple coming.any ideas???

A good game to play in groups is a game called Apples to Apples, all age groups seem to like this game. Hope this helps!

Me! Me! I have an idea, a super fun one! I did a super funny questionaire for my sister's 40th bday. He will think it is so funny. You give him his test first and let him answer then at the party (i gave the test outloud so everyone would have fun, laugh, etc.) questions about his favorite things and could be mixed in with questions regarding his past. But stuff like..'what is dad's fave food (and you can make up mulitple choices for some).. then i got super silly, and said, 'did dad say her prefers Oprah or Dr. Phil? It will cause a lot of fun, and whoever gets the most answers right wins a cool prize. Email me if you want my questions.. if i can locate them. I had a long test... they were all dying laughing.

We did something really neat for my mom's 60th- we kids sort of came up with it together- We had a mini "this is your life" where we asked her questions about different events- why she always ran away from home movies- where she was when certain big events happened- etc- and of course there were very few wrong answers! Then, for each question, we did "Let's Make a Deal" and had two prizes (Box Number One or Box Number Two) that she could choose between- some of it was old pictures, memorabilia, etc- and some of it was little gifts that we had all provided- and then the final part was "the challenge" - I cannot remember what the question was- but we had all pooled an amount of cash for a trip she and my dad were taking- we had silly gifts too like old tupperware and panty hose- things that had some sort of story behind them- like she could never find a pair of hose without runs, etc- but the topper was the power went out and much of this went on by flash light- we all had fun sharing memories. (If you're too young to know "Let's Make a Deal" or "This is your Life"- ask an older relative- Many of our family members didn't know the shows but caught on quickly. You will have alot of fun and the game makes for endless participation - friends, family, everyone-

Ok, I know this is silly but it was hillarious and will make everyone laugh. At my son's third birthday party we played a game. My parents(in their sixties) and grandparents(in their eighties) played along and it was a riot!! Divide everyone into teams and have them line up. Give everyone a balloon. Put a chair in a few feet in front of each line. Have the people run to the chair, sit on the balloon and pop it, then they have to run back and tag the next person before he/she can go. The first team with all balloons popped wins! Again, I know this sounds silly but the older people at our party had a better time doing it than the children!! Have fun!

Have all your guests write something about him that is funny or something that they might want to share with everyone and have them stand up and tell about it.

H.

Trivia is always fun. Get questions from each of the past 6 decades. And also, name that tune, where you play music and try to get people to guess the songs.. Get the prices of items, back in the 1940's (bread, gallon of gas, eggs, etc. and get people to guess the price...

You sound like a fun person and so sweet to do this for your dad. This is right up my alley, I love to throw parties and play games. Here are some ideas of some games that we have played at some of our parties.
"The Acronym Game" - Make up sheets ahead of time (make sure you have pens handy too)with your dad's name or nickname if he has one. As your guests arrive, have them make up a sentence with the letters of his name and place them in a box or bowl. Read them aloud later for a big laugh and have your dad pick his favorite!
"The True-False Game" - Make a list of about 20 statements about your dad, some true some false, some easy some hard. Have your guests write which ones are true or false and see who knows him best! This works best if you read them aloud and have your guests just write down T or F.(I usually ban some family members from this game for fairness sake!).
"Guess Who Game" - Select a favorite of your dad's like favorite actor, movie, song or whatever and prepare a list of facts, starting off difficult then getting easier, describing it (the internet works great for this). Begin giving these "hints" to your guests one by one until someone guesses the right answer.
"Funny Stories Game" - Instruct your guests ahead of time to come prepared with a funny story about your dad and then have a time when they can take turns sharing their story, this is a great one for family members!
I like to have a "prize" for the winners of the games, except for the funny stories game, that's just for the laugh! I hope this helps. Feel free to email me if you need to. Have fun and God bless!

For my adult son we had a theme BIG, We made 6" X 12" dominos by cutting board to that size painting them white then addition the dots. Make enought for a reall domino game to be played. Next I took a very heavy weight paper (size of copy paper) and using my printer made giant playing cards then elimated them (clear one way and black on other size). If you so not use a dark color on the other side you can see through the paper. We played poker with them. The next thing we did was make a BIG checker board game. This was very easy. You can use a drive way, we were lucky and have a warehouse and we painted it on the floor. You could use temper paint and it should wash off. Anyway, we drew the checker board and painted everything square black and left the other square plain. For the checks I used plastic plates from walmart that were 4 for $1.00( buy 2 different colors). We had so much fun. You could even order a 6' sub from Randals and Walmart may sell those too, but you need to order the sub in advance and for your crowd you would need to order several. If this is to much trouble to make. You can buy a trivia game that covers his years, we have done that with our family and my in-laws had so much fun and it brought back so many memories of thoses years. We never play the game, we just use the cards and ask the questions and whom ever can get the answer first gets a mark. However, you could divide in 2 teams and first team gets answer they get a mark. I have used this again at another party and it was the hit of the party.
Another party I did for my parents was take old photos and xerox them to a size like paper dolls. Cut them out and clued on cardboad and make little stands and put on the table as decortations, everyhone loved it. It was a complete surprise for my in-laws as we did not tell them. For something funny buy 1 hula hoops and have the birthday person show everyone how the hula hoop. Everyone will be laughing and thinking they could still do it, well it is so funny seeing it is not that easy now you are older. Get yo yo's and do the same thing. Rock'n Roll dance sock hops etc.Everyone could come dress from the 60's outfits.

Unfortunately(because I miss them)my fathers are not here; so celebrate to the maximum. Take your cues from what they like best; ie. if it is fishing, do the fishing, games,cars,peanut brittle, or hobbies,goggle it for some ideas. Decorate it in the same theme also. My father loved the military, cars and fishing, and we often would go to the coast as a family for the fishing, or go to a car exhibition, etc. Make it manly (him) down to his favorite foods(bar-beque, enchiladas). You will have a blast! Put his picture(s) on the cake. My fathers did not participate in the games, but liked to watch us play and laugh. He will know that he is special. Enjoy!

1 / 3