Game for 6-12 Year Olds

I am looking for game ideas for my nieces and nephew. Last year I purchased the game Hyper Dash and it was a big hit - they still play it. I am looking for another good suggestion for a game they can all play (the youngest is 6 and the oldest will be 12 this next year). I am trying to avoid video games. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

I have a family of 6 (two adults, 4 kids) we love to play the game of Life and a card game called swap, (it's similar to uno)

I have a 5 and 11 year old and we have fun playing Apples to Apples Jr as a family, we even pull it out when grandparents are here and it is always fun for everyone!!

My stepson is 9 and has been playing a card game called Phase 10 for the last couple years, he loves it. Also he loves the Uno games (Uno Attacks, Uno Spin). And his dad and I love playing too.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy & Safe New Years!!

I love Sequence. It is a cross between cards and bingo. They also have a animal version and a states and capitals version. I cant wait to have all of them.

Oh my 4 year old son loves to play sorry. He especially likes to say SORRY!!

Wish there was a feature that I could have all further responses to this be sent to me as well! ;-)

We have a 6yo boy and we (dad & I) dislike the kiddie games so we look for a lot of games all of us can play. Some of our favorites:

Ticket To Ride - board game with tracks between cities, you get cards with routes and collect cards with colored train cars then fill in sections on your route before others claim them - our favorite! It says 8 & up but he plays this really well. Train lovers will definitely like this but you don't have to be one to enjoy this game! Up to 6 players.

Sorry! A huge favorite of our son's for quite a while now. Trouble is similarly enjoyed.

Water Works (card game- be first to finish your pipe, while causing others to leak, fix leaks on your pipe, etc) Fun.

Milles Bornes. Cards, auto racing game, collect miles and avoid road hazards (& give them to your opponents). My 6yo son votes for this but I think it's somewhat complicated. My husband likes this one too.

Blokus (says 5& up. We play this but it is not his favorite, he plays some of the 8& up games better than this one.)

Blokus-Target carries it. We played it over Thanksgiving for the first time and it was great! Ages 3-65 played it together. My five year old loved it the most and found it to be very challenging. We played it over and over again for at least three hours straight!

We still enjoy the classics like Sorry, Domino's, Parcheesi, etc. My 10 year old wants Scene It-Disney Channel Version.

Blokus is fun and so are any of the cranium games.

1 / 3