Game Advice - Ages 2 and 6 - Denver,CO

I have seen advice for family games lately and I have some ideas, but I'd like some age-specific advice on games a 2 and 6 year old can play together (with Mom and/or Dad as well). I am open to board games, card games, games like charades, etc.

Also, someone mentioned a game where you have to give the wrong answer, which my 6 year old would love, but I don't think it was the game "Wrong Answer". Anyone know what that might be?

THANKS!

We got "That's Right, That's Wrong" from Amazon and are awaiting the arrival. The 2 year old really can't play, but he will feel like he is.

We also got "Kid'sTalk" and "TableTalk" and are using them at meals. The 6 year old talks, the 2 year old babbles (he has some language issues), and it's a fun time!

Will continue looking for some of the other games mentioned! THANK YOU everyone!

We were given a game called "Tumble" which is great and in theory, the 2 year old, COULD play - but I have not tried it yet

We have a game that's just a bunch of cards with questions and you have to say the wrong answer. It's called, "That's right, that's wrong." Maybe that's what you're looking for.

We have Old MacDonald, which is an electronic matching game with sounds and music. It's pretty much the only game we have that a 2 year old would be interested in, and my 6 year old is still okay playing it sometimes. My 4 year old is just now getting the patience for Chutes and Ladders and CandyLand, although he enjoyed playing them for years. We just had to help him a lot and be okay with it if he just wandered off to play something else.

We play Hullabaloo, Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Uno, Honey Bee Tree, Guess How Much I Love You Game, Roll and Match Lacing Game.

You can also make up games. Make a cube out of cardboard.. put a different direction on each side (themes are fun....ex: stomp like an elephant, roar like a lion, pretend to swim like a shark, etc)...Roll cube and follow the directions. Scavenger hunts are fun. I Spy.

We love playing Hungry Hungry Hippo w/ our kids.

cariboo, hullaballoo, cooties, zingo are some my 3 and 5 1/2 year old like. When my youngest was 2 he was addicted to cariboo!

When my son was born, my husband's boss gave our daughter (then 3) a set of board games. Included in the set were Chutes & Ladders, Candy Land, Memory, and High Ho Cherry O. It is a great set because all the pieces are stored in the same big box (in their own seperate spot), and it is flat enough to slide under our couch. We've loved to play them all. My daughter now 5 LOVES puzzles, especially the 25-45 piece ones. I would also recommend Cooties. Good luck & have fun playing!

Candy Land? Chutes and Ladders?

Hullaballoo is a good one for all ages, too.

And L-I-M-B-O to music!

cariboo, from cranium, and don't break the ice.

Richard Scarry's Busytown game is great for everyone - 2 year old, 6 year old, mom and dad. Another great game is The Cat in the Hat I Can Do That! The Ladybug Game is fun too.
Good for you for wanting to involve everyone in games together!

Try Elefun or Pounce.

You can check out the "minute to win it" games. Even a 2 year old can play a watered down version of some of the games. I don't know if you have seen the show, but they have some amazing games. Hope you find the games your looking for. You can google "minute to win it" and you should be able to find the various games. They only take house hold items to play and they are fun.

Dominoes.

The 6 yr. old should be able to play this one and the 2 year old can help Mom or Dad.

My 2 yr old will sometimes cooperate with me enough to play MEMORY. So the 2 and 6 yr old could play that one together.

Zingo! http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/esuite/control/product?P...

Letter Fun Lotto (multiple levels/versions within one game so you can tailor it to make it easy enough for the little one but still fun for the 6 year old): http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/esuite/control/product?P...

Candy Land, Chutes & Ladders