Gallbladder Attack Relief?

I have having a really bad gallbladder attack. I had one last night too. I am sooo miserable. Is there anything that offers some relief?

I see the surgeon Wed. and will probably have it removed in the middle of January, but I wonder if there is anything I can do in the meantime.

Thank you for the advice! It seems that not much can be done until I have the surgery. I saw the surgeon today and it will be out next Thursday!! yea! I'm nervous, but my mother knows him and says he is a good surgeon and he said since I have not had upper abdominal surgery, he can go through the belly button and I will be only out of commission for about 5 days.

It will be a little tough for a few days because I have a 7 month old. Luckily my husband is great with Connor.

Not much I don't think. Not sure if it would help but give your doc a call ask about some GI Cocktail. See if they can call in a script to get you through if they think it might help. It has an antacid in it and an agent that numbs. I have severe tummy trouble and I keep this stuff on hand. Tastes terrible but it does the trick for me. Other than that I don't think there is anything. I had my taken out years ago but don't recall getting anything between them finding the problem and the surgery. Good luck to you. I hope this helps. Shannon G.
SAHM of 2 boys. 9yr, and 16 mo.
PS. Have you tried some liquid antacid? Could help. Make sure you use the liquid. It works much better and faster than the tablets.

I had mine taken out quite a while ago, but there was nothing to take then. Bland, bland diet, limit fats, milk and anything hard to digest.

Good luck! Gallbladder attacks are VERY painful!

Right now i don't have mine out and i do have a big gallstone in there. I have had a u/s done and they told me i need to have it took out. What i do for pain is take ALEVE it is a (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) that is what it says and it works for me when i have pain in the front where my ribs are but i don't let the pain go to my back b/c that pain is so bad. when the last time the pain was in my back the only thing that worked is when i went to the ER and they gave me percocets. That pain was really bad where i wanted to cry. Pain like having a child pain... but don't take Ibuprofen, when my husband had a really bad gallbladder and they said it looked like a 70 year old woman's gallbladder it made him sick.
Oh also you can have them give you more of a higher med for what is in ALEVE. I have had a doc give me a high dose for Naproxen. That is when i had my c-section for me last child. I had that med. when i went to the ER for my gallbladder and the doc at the ER said that is a good med for pain. i hope all this helps. I just know the pain. i go though pains sometimes but i know what makes me hurt so i don't eat some stuff i like anymore b/c that is what makes me hurt. like coffee if anything else email me at ____@____.com

you could do a mini-flush if you felt comfortable with it, but it's nothing a conventional doc will ever mention or believe in. you can find out a lot of info about various flushes at http://curezone.com/. i've done many of them many times (4 years with gallstones and i'm down to 1-2 minor attacks a year). also good for immediate relief is a heating pad on the area of pain, and dissolving a few teaspoons of epsom salt in water and drinking it... tastes awful but will help relax your ducts and empty you out at the same time -- sometimes this is enough to stop an attack for me within 30 minutes (especially when combined with heat).

Stop eating fatty foods. I had to live with it through a pregnancy so I consider myself and expert....lol
For about a year I was eating all my meat grilled. I couldn't even eat light fat things. Try eating fat free and I promise it will go away but it has to be TOTALLY fat free! Good luck and getting mine out was the best thing ever!

1 / 3