Gained 7Lbs in 1 Month!

I had my OB appointment for my 26th week and found out that I'm up 7lbs since the month before, YIKES. That brings my total weight gain up to 15lbs so far this pregnancy. I was overweight to start so I was hoping to only gain 15 total :( My Dr didn't say anything, but I know that 7lbs in a month is too much. What can I eat to fill me up? So far all I want is egg sandwiches, fries, or chheseburgers.

I have not been giving in to the cheeseburger and fries, well not everyday ;) Just nothing sounds good to me and the only things that appeal to me are junky.

well I did that with my first pregnancy. I wasn't over weight but I did have 1 month (i think it was month 6) where I put on 8 pounds. but then the next month I gained nothing so it pretty much evened out. My total weight gain was 28 pounds and I was advised to gain the normal 25 to 30 so i was right where I needed to be. I guess I'm just saying you may not gain very much the next month or two so try not to stress too much. Just try to eat healthier choices and smaller portions and you should be fine.

All I can say is, don't worry you can always lose it (not easily but with good effort). Hang in there.

It seemed like I was gaining 10 lbs a month... My MIL would laugh (nicely) and think it was great -feeding her grandchild well :-) LOL
Keep Eating but eating Lots of healthy choices..... and occasionally ENJOY that burger and Fries ! Yum lol
make yourself a smoothie for breakfast FILLED with fruit and toss in veggies - everything will blend nicely and you wont even know they're in there and will benefit from the vitamins !!
Congrats on the Baby :-)

From experience, don't give in to the fries and cheeseburgers, I did and I ended up gaining 40 lbs with both of my pregnancies. I figured it was my time to eat what I want and I would lose it afterward, what a mistake!!Try to limit the cheeseburgers and fries to maybe once or twice a week as a treat and eat healthier versions, such as turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, use eggbeaters and low fat or non fat cheese. You can still eat those things, just modify to make it healthier and go on walks for some exercise. Little things will help, and it is not easy to lose the weight afterward. Good luck!

You need a pregnancy diet. Look at "what to expect while I'm expecting" and go by that diet. You don't need fries and cheeseburgers - they aren't healthy for your heart - the fried foods are full of unhealty fats.

You need protein for baby's brain development, so use protein that is low in fat. Lean meat and chicken is better. Lower fat and calorie peanut butter helps too. You can have egg whites that are lower in fat and calories than the whole egg. You need vegetables and fruits. You need milk for calcium - make shakes with fruit in them. Make sure you are getting a good prenatal vitamin. DON'T eat a bunch of refined sugar products.

Some people get gestational diabetes even if they eat very healthily, but you are playing with fire if you aren't careful.

Another thing to notice is to write down everything you put in your mouth for a week. Water instead of juices. NO soft drinks - even diet. Small meals, not large ones. Healthy snacks during the day. That helps keep your metabolism up, but doesn't fill your stomach up so much.

You can do this - treat eating as a job rather than an enjoyable event. It will help.

All my best,

It's ok. I gained 11 lbs one month with my 2nd. Don't fret. You'll be fine. Just make sure you're drinking LOTS of water. That'll help curb the cravings. Try eating lots of fruits & veggies. Some of that weight could be water retention....from all the salt in the burgers & fries. You're over 1/2 way there & the bulk of the wieght gain for the baby is happening now too. Your doctor will surely say something if he/she isn't happy with the way you are gaining. ENJOY being pregnant! =D

15lbs total is unreasonable and unhealthy. Water weight alone can be 10lbs! Were you going to have a 5lb baby? 25-35 lbs is the norm. Don't starve your body or your baby. 7lbs could be a little growth spurt for baby, and your body is telling you it needs more. You're fine!! Weight gain and pregnancy go hand in hand... go eat :)

I THOUGHT I gained 7 lbs in one month and it turns out the scale in exam room 1 was different than exam room 2. This was at my 28 week appt. I went back at 32 weeks and it said I lost a lb in another room :P I know for a fact I gained 3 lbs in those 4 weeks because I started weighing myself at home.

But- since you were overweight to start with....stop eating junk! Make yourself some healthy meals -- salads, stir fries with olive and avocado oil, steamed veggies and healthy meats. You are supposed to be providing nutrition to your baby! I make healthy banana and pumpkin breads for scratch as my sweets or 1 package of fat free swiss miss cocoa with 1/2 C skim milk and 1.5 cups water; I eat either all bran or wheat chex or rolled oats with flaxseed and wheat germ and berries for breakfast; salad and/or soup or homemade leftovers for lunch; fruit and/or veggies for snack; yogurt with berries and granola for snack; dinner is sometimes 1 egg with egg whites omlet with veggies and fat free cheese, 2 overeasy PASTEURIZED eggs with wheat light english muffin, or lean meat and veggies and rice/cous cous/noodles or quinoa.

Think about it....high protein and high fiber foods fill you up longer and are better for you and baby than grease and fat.

Im 32 weeks and have gained 35 lbs!! Sorry I have no advice, just thought that might make you feel better. :(......

1 / 3