Fundraisers! - Cleveland,OH

Ok so here is the deal...I am the vice president of my son's elementary school PTA! It is my job to come up with fundraising ideas for the year. We usually do about 2 or 3. Anyway like most parents I am not looking to do the same old things. I don't want to buy wrapping paper or crappy cookie dough that will cost me an arm and a leg. So I am asking if anyone out there has any good ideas for fundraisers. We usually like to have the children help raise money as it essentially goes back to the school to buy things that the school can not budget for. The school is kindergarten through third grade. I have done some searching online and have a few ideas but was wondering if anyone has any great ideas!!! All help is greatful!!

I don't know if this would work for a primary school, but I went to a fundraiser for a H.S. Band where for each person that showed up to test drive a new Ford product, the band received $20! It was fun too. They also sold snacks and hot dogs and had a car wash at the same time, plus a raffle of some automotive accessories.

Texas Roadhouse has a fundraiser with their delicious rolls. They come frozen and you bake them at home. Little Ceasars also does the same thing with pizza and crazy bread. These are both big sellers, especially the Texas Roadhouse rolls. Good luck!

I do fundraising with my Mary Kay business. I do service all 50 states and ship directly to the buyer, with no delivery necessary. I can give you info if you're interested.

The best fund raiser we did was the Boosterthon fun run. The kids had a blast running laps , got exercise and raised money for the school. Enough for a climbing wall and a basketball court. It is an elementary school.
Also they do fundraiser nights at local resturants , Chick fillet , and a local pizza place do them for our school. They have contests between schools , which ever school gets the most sells gets $ from chick fillet

We have done pennies drives. All school kids bring in pennies from home. The class that brings in the most pennies get an ice cream party. We do bake sales at school with bagged pop corn....this makes a lot money. We Raffle off I pods, bikes. We sell tickets for a dollar all year long and pull the raffles at the end of the year. Good luck I know its a lot of work.....hope your committee is helping you.

Pizza Hut and Dominos both have pizza cards programs...works like this: you order cards from them at about 40% of what you charge the people you sell them to. The person who buys the cards get so many free pizzas. I haven't checked this in a few years but when I did, the cards sold for $10 each, depending on the quantity you ordered from the company, you paid $4-5 dollars each. The card was good for "buy one get one" after you paid for $10 (and received 10 free) you then got an additional free pizza. You could order all 21 at once or you could get them in smaller quantities. You could also check the pricing ahead of time and get the orders before ordering from the company. The great thing about these are you don't need a lot of space to store or worry about refrigeration.

Another option is having a school/community yardsale. Let others rent table space and/or donate items for the PTA to sell. Kids could help with set up (depending on their ages) and it is all profit.

What a great list of ideas! Some fun creative ones as well! Another option to consider is a Discovery Toys Read-a-thon Fundraiser which encourages families to read together. Something much more inline with the school's mission than wrapping paper or cookie dough! 100%+ of the profits return to the school to purchase educational materials for the classrooms.
The Read-a-Thon is a great partner to a classic Discovery Toys fundraiser that encourages families to play together. Families can purchase toys, books and games that are fun as well as layered with learning possibilities that build minds and strong relationships. Each purchase earns cash or free toys for the school. A definate win/win! I'm happy to help if it feels like the right fit to explore more. www.toyladyjanet.com

A very EASY fundraiser is GoodSearch.com
You sign up the non-profit, then ask the school, teachers, students, parents etc. to use it as their primary search engine. It is powered by Yahoo Search.
Initially, the person has to list your organization as the one being supported. But the computer should save that so any subsequent searches are automatically linked.
Your organization gets 1 penny per search. AND if the person uses the GoodShop.com link to initiate a purchase (at MANY websites...Amazon, Staples, ebay, etc) you get a percentage of that purchase.

The biggest obstacle is getting the word out and reminding people to use it as their primary search engine.

IT COSTS NOTHING but the time to remember to use it.

Eww I despise these fundraisers year after year. Here's a thought back in the day when I was a kid (the 70's) my school did carnivals and picnics with sack races, egg and spoon runs, dunking booths. cake walks, duck pond. The PTA got parents to volunteer to run the booths. It was sooooo much fun and left me with great memorys. I can't say that's true with today's fund raisers and what do the kids really get out of it anyway, most get a pencil or some other piece of junk. Our kids shouldn't have to be door to door salesmen anyway. One other thought is a cook book, have the parents all send in recipes. and the sell the books.

1 / 3