Fun Icebreakers and Games for Church Christmas Party

We are having a Christmas Party for our church volunteers at a restaurant with a private room. Does anyone have suggestions for games/icebreakers? We're also going to exchange ornaments.

We did one where you couldn't use the word Christmas. Everyone started out with a clothes pin with their name stuck on it (my aunt used little holly leaves) and if somebody used the word Christmas while talking, the person they were talking to took their clothespin and anybody else's that person was wearing at that point. It got pretty competitive by the end of the night and the person with the most clothespins at the end won a prize.

One we have done several times is called "Who Am I?" It's good because it can be done throughout the party while everyone is still visiting, eating, etc. When guests arrive, safety-pin a paper on their back with a name of a character. (eg. cartoon characters, superheroes, actors, movie characters, bible characters, etc) Then throughout the partytime, they try to guess who they are by asking only yes/no questions. (eg. "Am I a real person?" "Am I still alive?" "Am I a female?" etc.) In order for the person who came up with all of the names to also be able to play, ask someone to come up with one to pin on that person.

I've done one called Human Bingo - you have a sheet like a bingo card and in each square you'll have things like "been to Hawaii on vacation", "was in my high school band", just random things and you have to go around the room and try to find people who match those things and write their name in the box. You can google it for suggestions. Good luck and have fun with your event.

Snow Balls

You have 2 bowls, a tablespoon and a bag of white cotton balls and a mask for the person to wear over their eyes. Each person takes turns trying to put as many cotton balls (snowballs) into the other bowl as they can with their eyes covered. The person who gets the most snowballs in the bowl wins. We played this game and it really was funny to watch people. If you have a crowd you could have more than one set of bowls, cotton balls and mask going at the same time. Just an idea.

We did what Monica suggested last year at a Christmas Party, but we used characters from Christmas movies.

Mike Huckabee had a fun game on his show on FOX NEWS last night. He had guests draw a name at random and then pick a book to go with that name. Now they happened to be at a bookstore, so they were able to find real books, but you could also make up titles. The ones that were picked at random --Tom Delay --Ballroom Dancing for Dummies (he was on Dancing with the Stars and John and Kate Gosselin --Being an Adult in a Relationship. It seemed like a fun game, but your guests would need to know who the people were.

This may take a while depending on the number of guests, but as you're waiting for dinner it's fun!
"Two truths and a lie."
Have everyone prepare in advance because for the "thinkers" of the group it always takes a long time.

Go around the table and have everyone tell their two CRAZY/FUNNY truths and ONE LIE about themselves. Everyone else guesses which one is the lie. You REALLY find out some funny stuff about everyone!!! (Everyone votes on which they think is the LIE and then you reveal.)

I just handed out an index card with the instructions printed out on it a day in advance so everyone could prepare & ponder before we did it. That way there was no scrambling to come up with something. You could do it at Church the week before or even email it to the guests.
It's hilarious.

Here was mine:
I cannot do a cartwheel. (Truth)
I broke my leg in a graveyard. (Truth)
I have eaten armadillo... and liked it. (Lie)

Have a great party!

I've played one at a Ladies' Ornament party one year where each table or group has a triva sheet about Christmas (carols, traditions, etc) and the group has to work together to figure out the answers before the other groups. We had fun doing it.

1 / 3