Fun Family Ideas- Activities- Collin/ Denton County Area

We just moved here in August. I am looking for family activities for fun. I would like free and paid stuff. We have 2 girls. We used to know all of the free and regular fun stuff to make the holidays neat for the kids. We like to drive thru decorated neighborhoods and look at the lights (there was a lake/ park too), we knew where to do holiday crafts, see shows for the kiddos, ice skate, ect. If you have suggestions or know of resources where I can find community events I would appreciate it! Thanks!

C.,

Two great resources are the Family E Guide at http://familyeguide.com/Home.html and neighborsgo.com.

Plano Christmas Parade is Sat 12/12. It should be a lot of fun. We are usually in the 4th of July parade and this time daughter is in the Christmas parade.

The Lions club is having a breakfast at the Plano Sr high where the parade begins for nominal prices.

The parade starts at Plano Sr High off Independence/Parker and goes down Parker to Parker/Spring Creek ending at St Elizabeth Seton church.

starts at 9. I don't know about this parade but the July 4 one is usually about an hour long and lots of candy is passed out to the kiddos.

Have fun

McKinney's holiday parade is downtown on Saturday starting at 6:30 (it's not that long, so try to get there on time--it'll probably be over by 7:30)

For the reindeer and Santa Claus, etc, mentioned below, the crossroads for the Toys-R-Us shopping center in Allen is 75 and Stacy Road, on the southeast corner.

For future years, "Dickens of a Christmas" in McKinney, Thanksgiving weekend, is GREAT for kids. Train ride, merry-go-round, face painting, kids crafts, petting zoo, Santa Claus--our 2-year-old had a BLAST there last weekend!

You may be interested in going to www.Momsoutloud.com They have all the local fun and games lights, neighborhoods to drive thru etc...all just for moms in this area...you can sign up for their newsletter and get weekly updates...it is an awesome resource. I hope this helps and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

K. O'Connor
"The Garage Door Lady"

An awesome source of information is www.momsoutloud.com. This is a site created and run by moms and they have an events calendar for the entire North Texas area that is constantly being updated. Be sure to sign up for their weekly e-mail!

Richardson's Santa's Village is fun for the family. http://www.cor.net/SantasVillage.aspx?id=7960

Plano's tree lighting is tonight. Plano.gov

Stonebriar and Galeria Malls have ice skating.

NorthPark Mall has a nice Christmas Train.

The Gaylord has a really nice ice exhibit, although, it is expensive.

Allen has a parade on Sunday. Also, in Allen near the Toys R Us (I am not sure of the crossroad off 75) they have a cute display with live reindeer and there are houses there the kids can play in.

Have fun and Merry Christmas!

1 / 3