Fun Crazy 50Th Birthday Themes

I am helping a friend of mine throw a 50th birthday party for his wife. He is looking to have the party at his home later on this summer, probably a backyard barbeque setting. I am trying to come up with a real fun/crazy theme. I would really like to have some fun with this! She isn't really into anything specific and doesn't have any personal collections. I read somewhere about having a "wake of her childhood", but I'm not really sure that I wanna go that route. Anyone got any good ideas? or anyone been to a really great party? Love to hear your thoughts!

I have a mom-owned business located in Oak Lawn. I design and sell wedding invitations for all occasions. I have some really great theme party invitations if you would like me to send you some samples if you are looking for invitations for her 50th bday party. My email is ____@____.com.

Thank you.
D. S
Good Times Invitations

When my husband turned 40 we had a 4 x 10 party. He had never had a kids birthday party when he was little so we took that theme but turned it more adult.

I hired a clown who played more "adult" games with everyone. It was really fun! I also had a wandering "swamie" who would walk up to people and "read their mind" or "predict the future" He as really a stand up comic type of person dressed in a swamie costume. He was really funny!

It was a surprise party and I served kids food - grown up style.

We had a blast and people are still talking about it 8 years later!

Thank you.
D. S
Good Times Invitations

When my aunt turned 50, her daughter didn't want to do the whole black balloons and everything. She got a pretty cake with pastel flowers on it and rented a cotton candy machine. That was the hit of the party. You could maybe go with a circus theme? Just some ideas. Have fun!

How about "50 Things We Love About You"?

We did a Karaoke party for my mother & everyone loved it. We hired a DJ but maybe a friend or familymember owns the equipment.

We've done a Lifesavers themed birthday party, with the underlying message being "just in case". All your decorations can be brightly colored round items, resembling lifesavers. Serve round brightly colored foods like pineapple rings, melon balls, cherries, bundt cake, jello made in a bundt cake mold, and burger toppings can be round onion slices, round tomato slices, etc. Have a ring toss game, again going with the rings resembling lifesavers. You get the idea...Have fun with it all.

I am not really good at these kinds of things,but one of the "girls" I work with is working on a 50th bday gift for her daughter. She has decided to try to find 50 different items of 50 each to celebrate. Rhea has said she is trying to be practical with her gifts like items she can use. Rubberbands,hair ties/holders,Qtips,etc. Maybe on the invitation you could ask the invitee to bring something of "50". Imagine the creativity her friends could come up with. I worked with a woman who was extremely creative in those lines...she really kept our office on the go.
I imagine a paer warehouse would have some entertaining thoughts in the 50 section to help your imagination work....maybe even Oriental trader catalog.you're lucky you have a while to think and plan. Good luck!!!

I dont know if it would work for the 50th birthday party but what I did when my husband turned 40 was set everything up like a funeral....on the death of his youth! I had a cake made up with a tombstone and a dirtmound by it and on the tombstone it had 40 written on it. It also had grass underneath and it read...."Here lies Greg's youth". I also had our Pastor read a ulogy on the death of his youth, citing diferent things that he used to do. I also had four diferent people lined up to roast him {like the Dean Martin roasts}. It was alot of fun. Hope this helps.

1 / 3