Fun Bridal Shower Ideas

Hi all,
I'm helping to throw my sister-in-law's bridal shower next month and wonder if you've seen any fun games or activities at past showers. She's been very clear that she doesn't want any of the traditional cheezy games such as wrap the bride in toilet paper. It's going to be a "happy hour shower" from 4-6pm. Not sure yet about food, but definitely wine and beer, and maybe a signature cocktail. I'd really like to have some sort of fun activity to avoid just sitting around eating and watching gift opening.
Any thoughts?
Angi

How well does bride know groom! Ask him a series of questions about himself. Ask her the questions about him at the shower, and for every wrong answer, she has to chew bubble yum. It's so funny to see her answering with a huge wad of gum in her mouth!!

cute ideas! I went to one where the theme of the party was "Wig Out." The hostess asked us all to wear pink wigs and to make a donation to Susan G Komen foundation in the Brides name. Her mother was a cancer survivor. We all had so much fun with our hot pink wigs. We got a lot of attention. It really was a blast.

One of the best bridal showers I ever went to had a professional belly dancer come and show us ladies how it's done. Definitely not traditional and surely fun.

I remember a few things we did at bridal showers, but it was LONG AGO!! So maybe people don't do this anymore, but here they are. Take all the ribbons and bows from all the gifts, and make a "bouquet" for the bride for her rehearsal. You can tape them to a paper plate. It is something nice that she can keep forever if she wants. Then we also once put a whole bunch of ingredients on the kitchen counter, and made the bride make a cake from scratch, with no recipe. She had to use memory or whatever, then you serve it to the guests if it is edible!! It is just a fun way to see how good of a cook the bride will be!! We had some laughs at that anyway. Hope you have a great time no matter what you do!!

My Cousin had a cocktail shower. they did a display shower so there was no opening gifts. I know some people do no like that idea...
Her "favors" we small... coasters I think... but everyone who came got tickets to win baskets. Family, friends, bridal party creater theme baskets to be given away.... I won one so I loved that lol
At My sister in laws shower we did the newlywed game. Before the shower I asked my brother a bunch of questions to see how closely she matched..
this one sounds cute too...
http://www.celebrations.com/content/bridal-shower-memory-...

My best friend is getting married in two weeks!

So this is something I have done in the recent past:)

Best game ever......She bought a gazillion rolls of Toilet Paper....Each of the bridesmaids were the models....and we broke the party up into four teams.

Each team had to make a wedding dress on the model via TP.

You can also add headdress/veil and accessories....Like with my team we took one of the empty rollers and strung TP through it and made jewelry.

Judging was done by the Moms of the bride and groom....My team won!

My dress had a veil, train and accessories:)

Probably the best game I have ever played at a shower:)

At my bridal shower, my sisters asked my husband a ton of questions and we all had to answer them. The goal was to "beat the bride" in the number of matching responses. It was cute and pretty quick.

If you really want to have fun-ask the guys/dads to attend-they add a whole different dimension!

1 / 3