Fun Baby Shower Games for a Large Group

I am co-hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law in a couple of weeks and I am in charge of games. I am having trouble coming up with fun ideas for a large group 25-30 people. I'm trying to stay away from the old standards like word finds and word scrambles but need things that are too time consuming or too expensive because of the large group. Any ideas??? Thanks!

I did the babyfood game. Take the lables off the jars number them and have guests guess what they are. Dont forget to have a cheat sheet it can get messy when you have to taste the food!!! Another game spell out both the parents fir names and try to come up with other names for the baby, some can be really funny. You never know they may come up with the name in the list. I did this game also and had a 3 or 4 minute time so it will go fast.

We did a diaper changing relay! I had two "teams" lined down long tables. Each person had a small diaper at their place setting tied with a ribbon. At the start , the first person on each team used a rather large sized baby doll already diapered, took off that diaper, rolled it up for disposal, put on the new diaper, fastened it up and then handed it off to the next person on down the line. The first team to get their baby PROPERLY at the end fully diapered got to go through the food line first! Everyone had a blast with this game, laughing ALL around! The left over diapers went to the mom to be.

A few games that I found fun at baby showers were:
1. have someone bring out a tray of things (usually things for the baby) and they stand infront of the group for about 1 minute and then leave the room. Then the guests have about 5 minutes to write down everything they remember about the person. While the person with the tray is in the room the guests are told to look and try to see how much they will remember (don't mention that they are to look over the person).

2. Guests have to guess how many sheets of toilet paper will it will take to go around the pregnant person like a belt but across the biggest part of the belly.

We played "The Price Is Right" at my sister in law's shower. There was at least 20 people there, and it worked well.

I brought a basket full of items, then everyone had to guess the price for each one. Then, my sister in law kept all the small items as part of her gift from me. I thought it was super fun :) I gave everyone a list of the items and then they filled in the blank as I held up each one and told them where I purchased it (Target, Walmart, BabiesRUs, etc.).

Some of the things I bought were small crib toys, safety items (door latches, outlet plugs), baby tylenol, etc. Small things that she would need. You could add larger items as part of a gift from other family members as well if you wanted to spice up the loot a bit :) Many of them were less than $3, but a few were as much as $10. Since it was part of my gift to her, I felt like spending a little more.

jessica

G., I just helped host a shower and got a TON of ideas for games at www.babyshower101.com. There are games for all types of crowds, costing zero to little money and some are very funny. It takes a little patience to read through them, but you will not go away empty handed.

Have fun. L.

some games we played was the diapers with the melted candy bars guess only by sight, no smelling or touching. then we also did where you guess the smell in the diaper.. rub different things in it .. chocolate syrup, lemon juice, hot sauce, cinnomon. anything around the house that smells good or bad works.
we also did a twist to the word game.. we put the babies name on top and then they had to find as many baby items out of those letters ( you could use the mom's name if the babies name is unknowen)
we also handed everyone a paper bag and told them to put it on their head and then to take off something they don't need to be wearing... keep going until someone figures out its the paper bag they don't need to be wearing.
do a list on celeb mom's on one side and thier childrens names on the other side and have them match them up. i found the names on many differnt sites,it was pretty easy to put together and there some strange names out there to pick from!
we did the mother/baby animal match game also... we also matched up the animal to how long they are pregnant (makes ya feel lucky for only 9 mo compaired to some of the animals)
i passed around a tray that had about 15 baby items on it and told everyone to look at it, then took the tray in the other room and told everyone to write down 10 things i was wearing ( i added extra rings and put things on right before i did this so it wasn't what i originally had on to mix it up to come up with the number) after we finished what i was wearing then had them write down the 15 items on the tray... it threw everyone and really made them think but was fun.
we had a few gifts (candles to the over all big winners and then gag gifts baby related for the others) we gave out to the winners but i think we had more fun with the winner getting to wear the crown.. a large diaper what was decorated.

hope some of these help and you have fun!

My sister had a fun, more original game at my shower. On a sheet of paper, she had two lists, one of an adult animals and the other of baby animals. The lists were mixed up, and everyone had a certain amount of time to correctly match as many momma animals to their babies as possible. She used animals that not as many people would be familiar with, like platypus & eagle. I could probably find the list for you if you are interested.

The other game that was pretty fun was changing a diaper on a doll, while blindfolded. Whoever changed the diaper the fastest won. The doll was wearing a sleeper that had to be undone as well as the diaper changed. We didn't make the person put the sleeper back on though! And you did have to find where the diaper was laying while blindfolded....if you have someone who is a good sport, hide the diaper after they put on the blindfold! :)

Both games were inexpensive and we had a large group, around 20 people I think. Good luck & have fun!

A few showers I've been too have had a fun version of The Price is Right. You purchase a few staples for a new mom (shampoo, bottle cleaners, rattles, etc) and have everyone guess the price of each item. Whoever has their total closest to the right total of all the items wins and Mom-to-be gets to keep all the items.

One game I've played at a shower is finding things in your purse that a mom would have: safety pin, crayon, paper, kleenx, diaper, wipes, band aid, pictures, chapstick, snacks, dr phone #, toys, or whatever else you can come up with. The person with the longest list wins.

Another one we played was everyone had to come up with as many songs as they could that had the word "baby" in it. "Hit Me Baby One Mre Time", "Baby It's You", "There Goes My Baby", etc.

1 / 3