Friend Told Her Son to Pee on the Concrete near the Pool Drain in Hotel!

My friend grossed me out and I want to know if you agree. We visited her and stayed at a hotel. They came to swim in the indoor pool. Even though there were bathrooms 10 feet from the pool, in the pool area, she twice told her 3 year old boy to pee towards the drain on the pool deck. I was so grossed out, but I didn't say anything because I tend to be too blunt. I am not ever inviting her to swim again though.

Her neighbor allows her sons(up to age 9 and counting) to pee beside the garage, even though you could see them from the street. She doesn't want them tracking in dirt.

well, since the bathroom was only 10 feet away, then she should have taken him there. SOMETIMES it's ok when they are just learning to potty train to go somewhere other than a bathroom if there isn't one near by. I was walking on a trail that we have that takes us to the beach. It's about 2 miles. My son who is 3 is just learning to potty train and I know he can't hold it for very long. So, we pulled over (pushing the jogger) and I let him pee on a tree. Once we were at the beach (bathrooms were pretty far away) and so I let him pee in a corner on some rocks. If there is no bathroom around, I think it's no big deal. But, if there is one close by, then you should use it

Reminds me of the Seinfield episode when the bald guy, George peed in the shower in the locker rooms. If I were in the right mood that day, I might have reminded her of the episode and told her that they were going to ban him from the club over it.

You know how you know your a redneck? (0:

You have your son pee in the pool drain.....

Yes, that would gross me out too. Not only is it lazy on her part for not taking her son to the bathroom, it's also disgusting, inappropriate and definately not an example of how a child should behave. I probably wouldn't have said anything the first time, either. But, the SECOND time? Um, ya. There's the bathroom. Use it. Sheesh!

So gross... and what a terrible example to teach her son. I would have said something. Or I might have intervened when she told him and said something like, " oh sweetie, there are bathrooms right in here. Come on, I'll take you."

People are so ignorant.

OMG, I think I may know this woman! I used to have a friend who encouraged her 3 year old to pee on the wall of the kindergarten playground (actually on the wall of one of the classrooms) shortly after the a.m. kindergarteners had been dismissed for the day. The class room door was still open just a few short feet away and she could have easily ushered her son into the classroom and use the bathroom in there but delighted in having her son peeing on a wall. I called her out on it right away, in front of the other moms. This "friend" had never been my particular cup of tea so I wasn't concerned about offending her. I was actually very offended by her conduct because that's where my son (and her's) plays each day. I'd have much rather had my son pee his pants than deliberately coax him to pee on a school playground wall but that's just me. But I think she felt that peeing on walls and bushes made her little boys men. I just thought it made them uncivilized.

I'm with you on this -- eeewww, gross!

Groooooooooossssssssssss!!!!!!!

Ok. I'll be the first to admit that boys are different than girls and that I let my boys (mostly my 2 year old) pee outside. We are potty training and sometimes that is a great way to get him excited about peeing. That being said, I would NEVER tell him to pee toward a drain on concrete. I would have taken him to the bathroom. On the concrete at a pool or anywhere else is gross. I have let him pee in the back yard, and once on the side of the house where he could be seen from the front. My older son (8) doesn't really pee outside anymore, but when he does, it's behind a tree or something like that, hopefully always out of site of others.

1 / 3