Four Months Pregnant and Feeling Down...

Hi ladies,

I am currently four months pregnant with my second baby and am feeling unusually hormonal. I wanted to badly to become pregnant again and was thrilled when I first found out but now I just feel sad. I've been really sick this time around just feel like I'm always too tired and always stressed out. Have any of you ladies ever experienced this? I know its hormones but I'm just worried! I have a great husband who helps me take care of our 1 1/2 yr old son and I only work part-time so I really have no reason to be so stressed. Any input would be great.

Hi Girls,
Thank you for all the awesome advice. I think all of you are right. I'm too tired from the pregnancy plus my son wants me to pick him up all the time and does not like to play on his own. He totally wears me out of my "days off" from work. My days off are harder than work days! I think a lot of it is nutrition too. In the last month of pregnancy I've lost 6 lbs and I'm definitely not eating a balanced diet. I was already a little overweight before I became pregnant so my OB isnt worried about that. I've tried Zophran & Reglan (?) which neither has really helped with the nausea. I already take my prenatals & DHA supplement every night. I will definitely have my OB check me for anemia at my next visit and talk to her about my constant bad mood. My first ultrasound is this Tues so I hope it helps me feel a little more excited when I know if its a boy or girl! I will keep you posted!
Thank you, Ali
****Update*** Just found out our baby is a BOY!!!!!!

I was down with my first, second and third. Throughout that whole preg. I think you start having doubts and you wonder if having a baby is the right hting to have decided to do. You are most likely sunconsciencely worried about after having the baby, having time for your son, your hub, new baby and yourself. there is some much going on in your head you are and are not aware of your body is just shutting down. your super hero/mom instinctcomes back fast once nb is here. all the stress and being down will turn around. you may notice just as an fyi alot more of the baby blues or ppd with the second. dont be afraid to ask for help or take something for it. i finally had to after my third. i couldnt handle the ppd anymore. I wish you the best of luck and if you need to talk you have alot of ears here and shoulders to...and always remember this to shall pass.

I am about to deliver #2 in 6 weeks, and when I look back on this pregnancy, the first half stands out for the same reasons you mentioned. I felt so blah, so guilty for "doing this" to my daughter, so unsure, and so sick!! There is such a thing as prenatal depression, it's just not talked about so much. My dr. recommended fish oil capsules; the DHA helps with all that stuff in the brain. It worked, but what really helped was patience from my husband, seeing that 5 month ultrasound, and starting to get the nursery ready. That helped me to remember why I was doing this. These babies will arrive, it will be hard, but we'll get into a new routine and love it. In the meantime, I am keeping my options open for medication should post partum feel extra sticky this time. Best of luck, and realize you certainly are not alone!!!

A.L., honey- are you kidding???? ''' no reason ''' -- YES< YOU DO have a reason to feel down and stressed- work, child, pregnancy- household --- your plate is running over!!!! Our culture LIES to us when it says we women can be fantastic wives, mothers, employees AND still look pretty, sexy, upbeat and ------------------------- PIFFLE!!!! Give yourself permission to take some time daily to rest, read, watch dumb-tv- or whatever helps you feel better--- ---

Blessings,
Old Mom
aka-- J.

Hi A L,

I would say increase your OMega 3's that has always helped me...and pregnant or not is a huge part of fighting depression. Also, there is prenatal depression which could be what is going on. Will keep you and family in my prayers. :)

Hugs,

K.S.

Hi there
I am currently 9 weeks and feeling the same way. I feel so guilty for not being able to give my daughter 100% right now. She is 20 months and very active. The house is a wreck because I don't have the energy to clean right now and my husband is pretty busy with work and helping take care of our daughter. So, I don't have too much advice at this point. But, I do know it will be worth it once we have that baby in our arms. I am going to try to have a local middle school girl come over to play with my daughter and help me clean. I have just come to terms with the fact, that I can't do this by myself right now. Hopefully, we will get some more energy as our pregnancies progress.

Hey A.L.,

I suffered from depression in pregnancy. You should talk to your OB about this. Women who suffer from depression in pregnancy are much more likely to have post partum depression. I wish I had gotten help when I was pregnant as the crash after I had the baby was really bad. I just didn't realize what was going on. It could just be that you are tired and stressed out. However, it could be more. Talk to your doctor, he or she may be able to help. Good luck.

I had been feeling down since we moved here not used to all the gray and rain, I was taking fish oil because it's so good for me, but my midwife told me to take 2 a day for mood (while I was pregnant) and it's fantastic. It works great for my mood and it's not a chemical ant1-depressant. Ask your doc and then give it a try! I still take 2...

Get outside in the fresh air with your boy when you can for long walks (vitamin D). If your doc agrees fish oil (vitamin E-chew the capsules). Rest now, nap when your son naps!!! Naps come before house work.

PS It is okay to feel the way you do. The second time around is harder when you have a toddler. I found every thing was either on the floor so I had to kneel and then I had to put it up high so I had to stand up. This feeling will pass.

Congrats on number two!

1 / 3