For Mothers That Have 4 Kids or More. TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!

Hello Mama's

I want to start out saying that I'm sorry because I know that this is going to be TMI.

For those of you mama's that have had 4 or more kids by vaginal birth, were you left with your girl parts
down below all streached out and open and not the same anymore?

If this is hard for you to answer then a yes or a no will do fine.

This is not a joke question.
I have 4 kids and my youngest is almost 7 months old and I am not the same down there anymore and that upsets me and I just
want to know " Am I alone or is this normal?"

This is not the kind of question that I think that I would want to ask anyone in person.

Thank you Mama's

I only have two kids, but even after giving birth to the first one I would never have been able to recognize my own "lemon" in a line up. I remember looking down there with a mirror WELL after delivery because I was just afraid to look, and I was all "damn", when I saw what happened to it... haha. It even changed color.
Good, albeit, crazy question :)

That happens sometimes....talk with your GYN - they can help you with things....

Rectocile - where your rectum (the bowel) pushes into your vagina from the other side? yea - not fun. There is a procedure that can fix that.

Kegels do help. Exercising so that you have a solid core helps too. Talk with a personal trainer and ask about getting exercises that will help you develop a stronger "core"....

DO NOT be embarrassed to talk with your OB/GYN about this. They see it often enough and if you aren't complaining about it - they don't ask....bring it up and say GIRL I CAN'T STAND THIS!!! HOW CAN WE FIX IT!!!

i only have one kid, and i don't think it's TMI. it's a great question, and i think you'll get some good responses.

i am just chiming in to say that there is the other extreme, which is to get stitched up so tight that sex is painful for years. that was my experience. so although i don't know what you're experiencing, i might rather be more "open" than too tight.

good luck with your issue.

Good, albeit, crazy question :)

you arent alone...thats why there is such a thing as vaginal rejuvenation surgery

I've delivered 5, the last one about 5.5 months ago. No noticeable differences going on.

The vagina is a muscle... it WILL go back to original shape. Do keigel exercises and have regular sex. A permanently stretched out vagina is all psychological - not physical. Unless you had a grapefruit stuck in your vagina (peeking out like a baby's head crowning) 24/7 for a month then your vagina is just fine, normal and ready to be used for fun again.

If your husband is complaining... you need to realize penile tissue DOES get smaller as they age, so it's partly his problem. He may also psychologically think 4 vaginal births will cause stretching... but it does NOT.

I have 4 and my youngest was a "surprise". I hadn't noticed a huge difference after my third (who was 7 when #4 was born). Anyway, I figured with the vaginal births, once I got older, I may have some bladder issues due to the pregnancies. Well, about a month after my fourth was born, I noticed a "weird feeling" down there. I had a look (which I had never done before) and was mortified! I basically freaked out. Soooooo not normal! Well, I got in an appt with my midwife, who was very laid back about it. She said eventually it would probably go back...up? I should do kegel's and in a few months or so, should be back to normal-(whatever normal is for me at this point. ) She was right, after a few months, I no longer had the fear of finding my uterus lying in my underwear. *I will admit that with this being my 4th child and a very, very busy schedule with the older kids, I did NOT take it easy after the birth. In fact, since 2 days after my daughter's birth was Easter, we were out of the hospital within 24 hrs. I hit the ground running. Maybe I should have rested a bit??

Now, while things are better down there, I still have issues. I went to a surgeon who said he could do a more temporary fix for me, but I would probably be back within 5-10 years. Or, a more permanent fix, but I would be laid up for at least 6 weeks. I have a toddler and a new job, so that would be a ...no. I can tell when I've been on my feet too long, when I've done too much lifitng, or basically "overdid it". It gets painful and I have to lay down. Just last night this happened. I worked an extra 10 hours this week, ran around for 4 hours working the concession stand at my son's game - and I felt it! Also, my periods can be more uncomfortable, so I went on birth control (hubby had vas). It could also be that I'm closer to menopause.....yay! LOL! Now, for even more TMI - my BM's.....can be SUPER painful! Not like hemorrhoids, but inside. Ouch. Almost brings me too tears some days. I assume it's due to all the organs lying on top of each other and certain passage ways not standard anatomy anymore.

Basically, yes, things are different. It's unfortunate, that after all the pain and misery we sometimes go through during the pregnancy and birth, we are still left with such.....scars :( It will get better. You can lead a completely normal existance while having a prolapse. (I'm assuming you have at least a mild one at this point - midwife told me most women do after giving birth - to varying degrees) Kegel's will help. Plus time. If you are really active (what mom of 4 ISN'T???? :) you may notice it more. I'm a runner, too, so I deal with it on a daily basis. If it gets worse, I will go back too the surgeon. But, for now, I tell myself it's the price paid for 4 beautiful, wonderful children. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Ha ha :)

Congratulations!

*I apologize for the TMI, but I would have loved to know of someone else who had gone through what I was dealing with, so I just put it all out there!
** My midwife said that there have been some women who's uterus actually follows the baby OUT of the body with the birth. It has to be pushed back in. I felt very lucky after hearing that.

I know I don't look the same as I did and wondered if I had developed skin tags on the bottom part of my vajj. I asked my GYN and he said, no, that it was just the way I healed after delivery, that it was like a flower opening ;) He said there is corrective surgery available if I felt strongly about it but I'm ok with it.

I also had a prolapsed bladder after giving birth which is better now, thank goodness. This article helped me a lot with exercises that made a big difference.

http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/05/pelvic-floor-party-...

I had trouble with orgasms for a while and I think part of it was wondering if there was something wrong with me. Once I felt reassured that all is healthy and normal I am more relaxed and comfortable with my body. I don't have that problem anymore.

1 / 3