Food Tastes like Plastic

Ladies- I have a new Tupperware storage container that I've put a bag of pretzels and a bag of chips in. They both taste like plastic now. The container does smell like plastic, but no more than any other container that's new. I did wash it and air dry before I used it...I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on getting rid of the smell so my food won't taste bad. I've never had this problem with any other Tupperware items... Thanks in advance!

Hi! I am a Tupperware consultant (http://www.my2.tupperware.com/jposhadlo) and I recommend you use a small brush like a toothbrush and rub baking soda on it to get the smell off of it. It may just have a little residual residue on it. Hope that helps! Please visit my website if you need any other Tupperware needs. Thanks!

Plastic tupperware (and any other brand) has been linked with a number of problems. Consider glass storage containers instead.

J., go to your kitchen and get out your bottle of vanilla, pour a dab on a papertowel and swipe the inside of the bowl the smell will be instantly gone. You can do this with the inside of your fridge, anything you have bleached or even anything that has had fish in it. Enjoy your new Tupperware it will last forever. M. T

With my husband's plastic water bottles, I soak them overnight in a bleach and water solution, then wash by hand with dish soap.

Your nose is telling you there is something wrong with the container. If you can smell it then it is probably on your food so you are ingesting it. Certain plastics are just not healthy to use and reuse. There are links to cancer and plastics. SO throw it away.

My sister sells Tupperware, so I asked her. She said to try running it through a hot cycle of a dishwasher, if you have one. If that doesn't help, then you need to call the person who sold it to you. She's never heard of anyone having this problem, so if it's still a big issue, your agent should be able to help you get a replacement if nothing else.

Wash and dry the tupperware then stuff with newspaper and put the lid on overnight. The newspaper will draw the smell out. My mom was a tupperware manager, we've done this for years for lingering smells.

You might try vinegar and baking soda let it bubble in the bowl if that does not work I would call the Tupperware lady and trade it in for a new one

Healthy Home, Healthy Family, Healthy Finances
Commit to Living Well....Let me help!
www.abetterwayoflife.wisehomebiz.com

1 / 3