Food Schedule for 7 Month Baby

hello!!
i was just wondering from some of you more experienced moms out there what a typical feeding schedule should be for a 7 month old baby girl. i am still nursing and pumping while i am at work. she gets cereal 1-2 times a day fruits and veggies 2 times a day. just curious on other sample schedules and the amounts you are feeding at each time. i normally nurse and then give her the food like an hour later. thanks!

Here the what I fed Ali when she was that age (she is 10 months now)
She got cereal and milk for breakfast
veggie and fruit for lunch
a meat, veggie, and fruit for supper.
and then I gave her milk when she wanted something in between. It works GREAT for us.

My little one lost interest in nursing at 5 months. I would give her cereal and fruit once a day (breakfast) then veggies and fruit twice a day (lunch and dinner) after the solids is when I would gave her her bottle/cup. She would sip at her bottle/cup through out the day as she got thirsty.

You might try giving her the food all at the same time so you're not constantly feeding baby. I used to give baby 1 jar of food along with about 4 oz of milk or 2 jars of food. That should tide baby over for 3-4 hours until the next meal. It sounds as if you are feeding baby every two hours and that's a lot of work. It's not necessary to feed baby that often when on solid foods. The heavier foods will carry baby over more hours. You can try mixing a jar of fruit baby food along with baby cereal for a meal. This is rather heavy meal and tasty for baby. For my children, the cereal mix always lasted a good 4 hours.

www.myspace.com/staceefrane
http://staceefrane.getthisoffer.com/10
www.diamond.extremecreation.com

She got cereal and milk for breakfast
veggie and fruit for lunch
a meat, veggie, and fruit for supper.

8:00 am- 6oz bottle
9:00 am- 1/2 jar Stage 2 fruit
12:00 pm- 1 jar Stage 2 veggie followed by 4oz bottle
3:00pm- 6oz bottle
5:30pm- 1 jar Stage 2 meat plus around 2 spoonfulls of rice cereal mixed with 1oz formula, followed by 4oz bottle
8:30pm- 6oz bottle

I've recently tried to introduce a sippy cup with water during her food meals, but so far she just wants to chew on the spout...

My son is also 7 months old and nursing.

Here is what he is doing now based in our pediatrition's advice

breakfast - nurses and then about 1/2 hour later eats 2 Tbsp cereal w/3 Tbsp formula mixed in and 1/4 jar of fruit

lunch - nurses and about 1/2 hour later has 1/2 cup or so veggies and 1/4 cup of fruit

around 3P - nurses

dinner - 3 Tbsp cereal w/4 Tbsp formula mixed in and 1/2 - 1 jar veggies and then nurses before bed

We have been working up to this for the past month and just recetly added food for lunch insead of just nursing.
Hope you find this helpful!

I also have a 7 month old baby (boy) and am still nursing and pumping when at work, and I have a 3 year old that also was breast fed until he was 7 months. I am not sure if there is a "typical" feeding schedule for 7 month olds. I have found that we are constantly changing our routine and will continue to keep changing until he is completely weaned and eating solid foods only. However, it seems like your current feeding schedule is very similar to ours, with him taking about 4 bottles during the day with cereal and fruit/veggies mixed in and then fruit and cereal for dinner. I usually nurse him right after work and then again before bed... that is during the week. Our weekends are completely messed up, and I usually just go with the flow. I have to say, as long as they are growing normally and still getting breast milk (the best for baby) you are doing great! Keep up with the hard but important work! M.

You've actually got a pretty good schedule going. With Eli, his day went like this at that age:
Wake up, nurse, then food a bit later
play for a while
nap
wake up, nurse, then food a bit later
play for a while
nap
wake up, nurse, then dinner when we ate dinner
play for a bit longer
bed time

There's no reason for cereal at her age, finish whatever box(es) you have and don't get anymore. They don't ever really need it, but as soon as they take other foods, it's just a waste of time a money for you :)

I have a little girl who is 7 and a half months! She eats breakfast, lunch and dinner with the rest of the family. Each meal is 1-2 jars of food, or the equivalent in homemade stuff. Breakfast and lunch are baby cereal mixed with fruit or veggies and dinner is whatever we're eating. I either cut up dinner into tiny pieces (she has two teeth) or I puree it in a food processor. I nurse her with every meal, before or after - whenever I have time. I nurse her between meals too, 10am and 2pm and she naps after nursing.
Your schedule sounds perfect! Although you may save a little time by nursing and offering food right after.

1 / 3