Food Induced Throwing up at 8 Months

My 8 eight month old just started to throw up randomly. she is not sick at all. she often throws up while eating her dinner or her bedtime bottle. she has had an xray that showed nothing and just today had a swallow test that also came back normal. I am at a total loss of what it could be now.

My daughter did this to but it was more once we started to introduce solids. Even a little cherrio or puff would make her gag and then she would throw up everything. I think she had a real sensitive gag reflux and it took her a little longer to start eating little snacks and solids. My about 13 months she was much better and is completely fine now. Good luck!

Have your baby checked for a malrotation.kink or twist in intestines.they didnt find my sons until he was 10yrs.

My nephew did the exact same thing and it was food allergies. I too would suggest having her tested.
Best of luck :)

Have you had her tested for food allergies? My son use to projectile vomit from dairy.

I second the allergy test. When my daughter was that age she also would projectile vomit from dairy. At ten months she saw a allergist who confined that she has a dairy allergy.

my daughter went through a phase like this for 1 and a half weeks. she would vomit every night in the middle of the night when she would wake to nurse. she would nurse, gag, then vomit her dinner. Her doc said she was teething, swallowing her mucos at night and gagging on it while nursing. After a week I thought he was nuts made an appointment with another doc for the end of the week and sure enough a few days before the next appointment. she stopped doing it and she had a brand new shiny molar...if she is acting fine i wouldnt worry about it. If you think there are other problems then go for a second opinion. If you keep pushing your doc he is going to send her for more invasive testing. Good luck and I hope this ends for you soon!

A silly thought, but do you notice a gagging sound? My son has a bad gag reflex and has thrown up quite a bit since he was born. It got to the point that he would throw up at least once a day during meals. I think once he hit 13 months it got better, and now we can finally eat a meal without having major cleanup at the end.

My son would spit up randomly up until he was about 1 yr old. After that he'd never throw up at all unless he was sick (which was only twice during his toddler years). I was told (I forget who told me) that's just what an immature digestive system does.

1 / 3