Food Ideas for Party/ Lunch

I was going to do a special lunch for friends that has work related intentions, but I don't know what would be a good non messy food so that peoples make-up wont get ruined. I want to serve more than fruit salad and chopped veggies. Sandwiches are probably out of the question. I think pita rolls might work. I really am at a loss. Any ideas?
N. S.

I got a cookie cutter and made sanwich holes. It worked great as well as a pasta salad, and fruit tray. Thank you so much to everyone for their imput. The lunch was great and after every one got to put on their new make-up they had a good meal and visit with eachother! I'm also glad to report my mother-in-law had her first meal without spilling something on her chin or shirt in a long while! Thanks again. N.

Unless you're feeding pigs, their make up should be fine with just about anything you serve. Lipstick excluded... That said- I have a yummy pasta salad recipe w/ tortellinis, chicken, caesar salad dressing -let me know and I'll send it to you. Can be served cold or - best- cool.

Provide a vaiety of salads (tuna, chicken,potato) along with some variety breads, then if someone wants a sandwich or just a salad, it's their choice. As a beauty consultant, you should know that it is possible to eat a sandwich without messing up make-up. Pizza, I wouldn't try, but a plain ole sandwich, if eaten properly, should be fine.

N., I am sorry I dont relate to this question. You want to ensure that others wont ruin there make-up? Take smaller bites. I eat lots of food and never get it anywhere on my face or clothes. Re touching lipstick is a second in the bath room. You stumped me with the intention of your request.

Quite frankly I feel you are over thinking it. Do something that you think will be fun and delicious for all involved. After all, these people go out to and bring in their own lunches and do not consider their make-up getting ruined over eating. If it is an issue for them, they will simply freshen up afterwards.

Good Luck and best wishes for your gathering!! ;-)

Lasagna is easy enough. You can get a pan with lid at the grocery store. Bring this dish, and you're done...no need to figure out combinations of dishes or sides. Just grab a fork and have at it! It's a "professional" meal.

Ha, I had to laugh at the lipstick worries. Proper manners... Women should remove their lipstick before eating and not on the cloth napkins... Leaving lipstick on a glass is also very improper... We have always been taught this.

They are grown women, this is their problem.

How about for warm dishes... a King ranch chicken casserole and a salad?

Chicken kebabs with rice and a salad.

Cold dish, assorted meat salads , fruit salad and your chopped salad. Have an assortment of breads or crackers.

What about a lovely quiche or casserole to be eaten with a fork? If sandwiches are messy to you, then I can't imagine pitas being any neater.

N.,

You are just too funny. I never encountered anyone who was worried about other peoples' make-up. Don't focus on this...just focus on the time the ladies get to spend with each other, talking and laughing. Plus, in my experiences, ladies are usually more interested in eating and talking than what their faces look like. :>)

I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant and one of the recipes that has always been a big hit are "Malibu Wraps". They are rolled tortilla sandwiches with a cream cheese and pineapple spread, cucumbers, red peppers, carrots, sprouts (optional), baby spinach leaves, and deli turkey breast meat. I have served them not only at Pampered Chef parties but also at my other women functions and they have always been a huge hit. When you cut them into individual servings, the inside color combination from the different veggies, make them look so attractive. They are SO easy to make. If you want the recipe, contact me offline and I'll send it to you.

Fruit is always great to serve and if you want to be unique, serve fruit kabobs instead of a fruit salad. The last time I made fruit kabobs for a ladies function, they were gone in no time at all. Again, they are so easy to make and have a wonderful display presentation. You can do the same thing with veggies.

If you plan on serving a dessert, make it simple and light. Angel food cake with a strawberry topping would be good.

Hope this helps!

1 / 3