Food Ideas for My 20 Month Old

I really need some food ideas for my 20 month old. She isn't a picky eater, but eats the same things all the time because I don't really have any new ideas for food. I would like some new ideas and would like them to be pretty quick and easy. I don't mind if the recipes or ideas are not exactly quick and easy. Anything would be appreciated. I need ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas. Please help, she has to be so bored with the food that I give her. Her food consists of pancakes, donuts, eggs, bacon or cereal for breakfast. She has chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, meat sticks and gerber graduates meals for lunch and then different things for dinner and snacks. I need some new ideas please!!

Try fixing her what you eat at the table.

Offer her fresh fruits, and veggies. Spaghetti has always been a favorite at my house.

Cheap and Easy Stuffed Pepper Casserole (minus the peppers)

1 cup uncooked white rice(bring 2 cups water to boil, add rice, stir, cover, cook 20 min med-low heat)
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 can Hunts tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar

Oven 350 degrees. Brown meat, drain. Meat back in pan on med heat. Add 3/4 can tomato sauce and whole can diced tomatoes. Stir in 1 cup cheddar. Add cooked rice and stir coating all rice. Pour contents of pan into baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheddar over top. Bake 25-35 minutes or until cheese on top is bubbling.

You can always add a can of peas, corn or whatever to mixture before baking. While browning meat, add onion, garlic or herbs(fresh rosemary and oregano is awesome in this). You could try different cheeses, or flavored tomato sauce or diced tomatoes with onions and chiles. And brown rice is a great option.
This is my 22 month old daughter's favorite!
As an aside, my mother made this when I was a child and stuffed the mixture in hollowed out green bell peppers. I do not like green bell peppers.

At that age, my daughter was eating pretty much anything I ate, seasonings and all. I quit giving her prepared baby foods long before then, after I tasted some of them and realized just how nasty they are.
I didn't give her anything super-spicy, but I didn't make it bland either. When I cooked, I cut up up her food into small bites that she could easily spear with a fork or scoop up with a spoon.

I don't eat breakfast, but she liked oatmeal with vanilla yogurt in it, or cheese grits for breakfast. I would buy plain oatmeal - the flavored stuff ahs too much sugar. I also bought plain grits and grated cheese into them - not the artificially cheese-flavored grits.

Her lunch and dinner were whatever I was having for lunch and dinner.

Snacks were fresh fruit, peanut butter on graham crackers with a glass of milk, and sometimes she would ask for cold cereal for a snack. Apple slices spread with peanut butter or banana slices drizzled VERY lightly with maple syrup (real maple syrup, not artificially maple flavored high fructose corn syrup) were also a favorite.

I am a mother of 2. I have a 4yr old daughter and a 2yr old son. Some of the things they enjoy are.... Peanut Butter Cheerio Balls. You take peanut butter and cheerios and mix them together in a large bowl. Then you roll them into balls and put them in the fridge to chill. We also like waffel sandwiches. You make a sandwich as you normally would but instead of bread you use waffels. Hope your little one likes these ideas.

J.-I feed my children what we are having. They eat broccoli, asparagus, pasta, meat, really anything. The only thing that I serve different is when I make spicy food.
Try making oatmeal with milk and raisins, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt and cheerios, apples and peanut butter. Granted my kids don't have allergies and aren't picky. We definately go through our poptart and cookies phase. For snacks try making a trail mix out of cheerios, goldfish, raisins and nuts(if your comfortable). Almonds are great.
For example my son is having sliced ham, sliced strawberries, yogurt and goldfish for lunch. Just email me if you want any more suggestions. It seems to work out if you just keep simple exposure in mind. Good Luck!

I also highly recommend Ruth Yarons book SUPER BABY FOOD. It has so much nutritional info. I always add pureed carrots, cauliflower, spinach, beans, pineapple, blue berries, etc. to mac and cheese, spaghetti, baked beans, pancake mix. You can make your own meatballs with hidden veggies. Get creative and don't miss an opportunity to get those fruits and veggies into your kiddo. You say she isn't picky, so give her the fruits and veggies straight up too. You might be surprised at what she will eat.

At 20 mos., I think she could start sharing your food more, so if you just offer her anything appropriate that you're eating she should broaden her diet, and her tastes.

You could try adding new things to the mac&cheese - our 14-month-old enjoys salmon and peas with his m&c. I also get different shaped pastas and mix some jarred Alfredo sauce with some jarred spaghetti sauce (pink sauce), and he likes that, too. Also try refrigerated or frozen tortellini - they come with cheese or meat fillings and are a fun shape to eat, too. Our son also likes eating fresh fruit and avocados. We give him a banana every morning because he can feed it to himself while we get the rest of his breakfast ready; I peel plums or peaches for lunch (he likes Black Diamond plums because they're sweeter; they have black skin and reddish flesh). A half-avocado he can also feed himself and it's relatively easy to peel and cut for him.

Perhaps you could take your daughter with you to pick out produce to eat? And then search online for recipes to cook it in. Or, a good cookbook is the Taste of Home Cookbook that came out a year or two ago; lots of healthy and DELICIOUS recipes.

1 / 3