Food Ideas for Feeding 40 Ppl

I'm trying to find some good, easy food to make for my daughter's bday. I've done sloppy joes for a few years now. Yes, its quick and easy, to make but it gets kind of boring. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of some good, easy, inexpensive food to make to feed about 40 people.

I did Taco bar, it worked well and had it 2 times since then. Its a favorite of everyone, easy to prepare

I see that someone else put taco in a bag and that would be my idea too. I thought it was fun and inexpensive.

I like to make shredded roast beef sandwiches. It's a lot of work but everyone loves them. In fact, it's a tradition now and everyone looks forward to them. I didn't make them one year and boy did I hear over and over why didn't you make them? I also like to make a big batch of calico beans which are so easy.

I appreciate your delemma!! For my daughter's first birthday we ordered pizza for about 40 people. I have had the tacos in a bag and thought it was a really fun idea. Since you eat the taco out of the bag it's less messy. And clean up would be a snap. Good luck!!!

I make build your own tacos or taco salads for parties. This way everyone can put what they want on and it goes pretty quickly. All the prep can be done ahead of time. Using paper plates makes it even better! My kids love tacos and it is always their request. Good luck!

It's the same genre as sloppy joes, but you can do shredded beef, pork or turkey in a crock pot. I had it at a couple of graduations this year. You can put out a variety of sauces so people can flavor it as they like. Hot dogs/italian sausages/brats?

how about shredded beef. It's along the same lines as sloppy joes, but a bit less messy. Just cook ahead of time, then keep it warm in crock during party. You could do BBQ Beef, or I have a great recipe for and italian beef...really good and less "spicy" if you are feeding young kids. Send me a message if you want the recipe.

Every kid I know loves macaroni and cheese with hot dogs. It's fast and easy to make in bulk, wither from the box or homemade. You can slice the hot dogs in circles or do mini octopus macaroni and cheese: http://kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_...

I think that a mexican buffet is always a hit! You can do meat in the croc pot or roaster. And then all the fixings. I also have added scalloped corn bake, and a rice / bean dish so that there are more options. But think big...sour cream, guc, onions, black olives. I usually have soft burritos, and chips for people to have on the side or make taco salad! I just did this a few weeks ago and it was a total hit!

I also have done a sub sandwich (the key is to get nice buns, or bread for people to cut to size) buffet and made it real fun with lots of choices. Tons of chips, snack stuff, jello squares for the kids.

I also have done a lasagna buffet. I just have the the back up lasagna in the oven on warm.

Let me know if I can be of any help I love this kind of stuff-

1 / 3