Food Ideas for 3 Year Old Party

I am trying to plan the menu for my daughter's 3rd birthday and I am trying to think of something other than the piza and chicken that we seem to do alot of! So if anyone has any great (and easy) ideas I would LOVE to hear them! Thanks in advance!

Sort of corny, but I made little hot dog and cheese cube kabobs on tooth picks and a dip of ketcup. Also a bunch of finger foods. And instead of cake a "Sundae Bar" with everything, m&ms kit kats, cherries, whp cream, caramel, chocolate sauce whatever the kids LOVED it and they all picked their own toppings

We just recently did a taco bar for my daughter's 2nd birthday. I fixed the taco meat the night before, and then put it in a crockpot the day of the party. You can buy shredded lettuce and cheese in bulk (GFS is great for that), and just add all the details. Everyone raved about what a great idea it was.

Well you can do little cold cut finger foods, pasta is easy (reg, stuffed shells, Lasagne) Quesadilla sandwiches. I had a few more ideas in mind but my daughter kept interrupting me so now I forgot. Will think again later and get back with you.

Someone suggested quesadilla's - I thought that was pretty brilliant! Cheese and some diced up chicken- YUM!

My sister with her daughters 3rd birthday made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cut them into 4th's - and did that with cheese and turkey sandwiches too.

Of course she had the chicken nuggets and some "mini corn dogs" too.

For what it's worth....and good luck!

A lot of people have suggested sandwiches (peanut butter, turkey, ham etc) which I think is a good idea. It's easy, less messy than something like sloppy joes and kids like them. To expand on that idea you could buy one of those sandwich cutters from the store. It's like a sandwich shaped cookie cutter that cuts the sandwich into a fun shape and at the same time removes the crust. I bought one from Kroger that cuts the sandwich into two long neck dinosaurs. It was less than $2. My son loves it and is always asking for "turkey long necks". I've seen them in other shapes too. It would be a good way to make lunch seem speacial!

What about Sloppy Joes or little sandwiches.

Check out the Family Fun website. They have great recipes. I have made the full moon macaroni and cheese for several parties and it is quite popular and satays warm in my big corningware because there is so much of it. http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50010
Another idea would be pasta salad....

Our son just had his 3rd birthday. We got State Fair corn dogs from Sams Club (fed all the kids for less than $10), hotdogs for the adults. I had a big veggie tray and a buffalo chicken dip (both of which were with kids and adults). We had cake and icecream for the dessert (both from Sams Club). It went over great for about 30 people.

If its going to be at your house, one dinner that my sister always makes that is a little different is coneys and 3/4ways. All you really have to do is heat the hot dogs and spaghetti in a large pot, then you can buy the frozen Skyline chili and heat those up while you are setting out the rest of the items, such as onions, cheese, (beans?), buns, etc. It seems like a lot of work, but ends up really pretty simple, and gives everyone a few options.

What about grill out?? I know that isn't very original, but different from pizza and chicken, and you really cant go wrong there, who doesn't love a good grill out!

1 / 3