Fluid in My ears...help!

I had a vicious cold back in September/October that turned into a sinus infection, double ear infection and bronchitis. I was treated with antibiotics, steroids and antihistimines. I healed pretty quickly except for that I still have fluid in both of my ears. I can hear it "clicking" and I have definite pressure in my ears. My insurance won't refer me to an ENT for another month. Geesh! Is there anything you all have tried to get rid of this fluid? I know I should wait for the ENT to do something but it's driving me crazy! Any tips or advice? Thanks!

I went through something very similar, one ear even ended up completely clogging. I went through 7 different prescriptions. The only thing that worked for me was Nasonex, the prescription nose spray. I used it 2 times, twice a day, and my ears cleared up within a week. My ENT said it was the best, and he was right. I can't recommend it enough.

Honestly, even though it's not internal, nothing helps my ears like some vinegar. It doesn't feel great, but I just tip my head to the side, wrap a towel around my neck (for the dripping) and dribble in around 1/2 tsp. into my ear canal. I let it sit about ten seconds, then let it drain out completely.

I still get earaches, but this helps more than anything. I use it with my son, too, and it helps.

My son has had this ever since his bronchitis!!-
Here is what we have done: Garlic in olive oil/lightly heat up olive oil with garlic..let sit for a few hours and put a few drops in your ears..this keeps it from getting reinfected
*no dairy or milk for awhile
*probiotics
*Chiropractic to help it drain
*Jump up and down for a few minutes, helps your lymph
*If garlic oil does not work, try a few drops of alcohol which dries up fluid...

Good luck! I know your pain, as we have been working on this too!
Anxious to get in, so they can check his ears. Hopefully they will tell me
his fluid is gone :-) I've been working so hard on this!

If you are feeling pain, and they are completely plugged..get right into the
doctor you don't want to rupture you ear drum

Try hydrogen peroxide. Lay your head down, put a few drops in your ear and keep your head down till the bubbling stops. Then sit up, let it drain, and do the other ear. Try doing it twice a day. Hope you find a solution

I had an ear infection last spring and retained fluid with some diminished hearing for a while (that stank big time since I have a phone job). My doctor's office had me taking Mucinex and Nasonex in combination to help my eustacian tubes drain naturally. It did help some but took a while. I think there are generic over-the-counter versions of Nasonex (he prescribed that since he said it burned less than the generic and he told me where I could get a coupon), so you might be able to try Mucinex and a nasal spray to help with the drainage. If you are still seeing your primary you could ask them if that might be worth a try and get a prescription, or ask for the over-the-counter name. It can't hurt, especially if it clears you up before your other appointment. The fluid is behind the eardrum, so has to drain out the tubes anyway. By the time I had an appointment with a specialist, they said my ears were clear and they did a hearing test, which ended up perfect. I could have save two co-pays right there. :)

a pharmacist swore by this told my mother about it and i tried it on my son who could never get rid of fluid in his ears..... sweet oil enough to fill ear and cotton ball i let it sit in there for 3o miutes to an hour at a time and it would not hurt you to sleep that way may take it a few times all i know is the next time we were at the doctor she said no fluid...so worth a try,i believe in it.

You can use standard process spanish black radish supplements. You can call standard process(goggle them) and find someone who sells their product in your area. My sister inlaw had sever hearing loss for 16 years from bad ear infections. the naturalpath she went to gave her this and in 5 or 6 weeks she had her hearing back after 16 years., he said she had a ton ffluid. She was about to get hearing aids it was so bad! incredible! Good luck!

Hi dear, I don't like to "hear" non-response from doctors. I keep saline solution (discard after a week) to clear out my sinuses each morning ; and ask at your health food store which product they recommend. Goldenseal and zinc are good herbs for your immune system.
Blessings, S.

Maybe try ear candles. You can get them at holistic stores and some health food stores. Someone should assist you in the process. Also why don't you try taking yourself off all dairy products and see if all your symptoms go away miraculously..........

I had two clogged ears. The nurse prationer used hydrogen peroxide and baby oil. Not at the same time. Also I used Debroz (for swimmer's ear) sold over the counter twice daily. I used Mucinex D and my antibiotic. After 2-3 months it was gone. But they also flushed out my ears and that helped the most.

1 / 3