Fluid in Ears After Ear Infection?

Moms,
I have been on antibiotics for 10 days and a steroid dose pack for four days. The ear pain is gone, but my ear is STILL clogged! Anyone had experience with this? The ENT I went to said this sometimes takes awhile. This is getting so old. Help!!!

Do you have a chiropractor? Getting adjusted might help with draining some of that fluid. My husband has really bad sinus issues and his ears get clogged. If we get adjustments they usually drain and everything feels clearer afterwards. If you need a recommendation, we use Tracie Schwab at Back Bone Chiropractic off Parmer. www.backbonechiropractic.com
They work with infants and toddlers that get fluid in their ears as well. My 7 month old goes there. She has fluid in her left ear that we are working on getting out.
It's worth a shot.
Brandi

It's worth a shot.
Brandi

Ask your ENT about Rescon GG. My son and daughter used it when they were young and had ear infections. I still use it when I suspect an ear infection. It is sold without a Rx but it kept behind the counter at the pharmacy. Its sole purpose is to dry the Euchasian Tubes.

Hope that helps.

If this is really just a couple of weeks old issue, I wouldn't worry - BUT if it continues, push your ENT for more information - know they can put a scope up your nose to see what's going on in the nasal pasages/nasalpharengeal area. If you have any other odd symptoms - like swollen lymphnodes, get attention. Your health is yours to manage, see a different doctor if you're not happy.

Pray it's only an ear infection! There are lots of sinus issues out there right now it seems.

Sandra

It may be food allergies. I had fluid in my ears (among other symptoms) and it became really annoying. At night the fluid would actually drain out of my ear onto the pillow and it would wake me up and I would have to constantly be dabbing them. My practitioner did a 24-hour saliva test and found out I was allergic to milk, soy, and was gluten intolerant. Shortly after adjusting my diet to not include these things my ears cleared up! It may be worth looking into. It seems that now that I'm older my old food allergies are surfacing again. Hope this helps.

Hi D.,
I too had the same problem for maybe 2 months or so which seemed like forever. The fluid will slowly be resorbed which I didn't notice until one day I realized my ear was clear. Taking antihistamines will not clear it instead slows down the resorption of fluid.
Hang in there.
Peace,

I had severe sinus infection last year and this year. Last year my doc gave an ear lavage kettle and it worked.
this year it was not so easy I purchased some swabs and peroxide and proceeded to clean out both ears. fIRST THE LEFT EAR- A HUGE WAD OF WAX JAMMED AGAINT THE DRUM THE KIT I BOUGHT ALSO HAD A LONG THING WITH A CIRCLED HEAD FOR PULLING THE WAS OUT. I only succeeded in pushing the large blob of ear wax further into the canal where it firmly "glued " itself to the eardrum. I discovered that I had lost 80% of my hearing in thatLEFT ear. And also succeeded in pushing a large blog of was up against the RIGHT EARDRUM ON THE OTHER SIDE.
It was a miserable condition-I truly feel sorry for people who have lost their hearing. I called my Internist and his nurse successfully lavaged the left ear and then for 5-10 minutes she kept loosening the blob with her little "pickax" and finaly she loosened it and my ear popped, and she was able to pull the huge piece out. I could hear perfectly from that ear. THen she went to the right hear and did the same thing, but it was large and had glued itself to the drum the nurse could not get to it and also because that ear was painful as though an infection had made it raw. The doc came in and lavaged the ear, and said he was going to coax it out. It took about 5 minutes and he pulled it away from the drum- he had to go get a different instrument. The new instrument drew the large blob out of the right ear. WHen I saw it the thing looked as old as Moses. It had black in the center and it was as hard as a rock. This ear had been burning off and on for years. I would take antibiotics and then it would be ok.
Now both my ears are clean and would highly recommend that everyone go and get an ear lavage. Please do not try to clean your ears with q-tips they push large blobs of earwax further in and could cause the loss of hearing (as it did to me) I went home and that night (all night) my right ear burned like someone had put a hot poker in it. I believe the blob had been there for years maybe since childhood. And it attached itself deep into the ear drum. THe burning was a gift because the doc had really done his job and he told me, if you have any more trouble call me right away. I think he knew it was going to be testy.

good luck and please go to a doctor don't use otc ear cleaners,
Been there , done that
M. Beth Joseph

i would recommend taking some extra vitamin c and some optiflora to clean out your system and that may do the trick check out www.shaklee.net/healthydesire for all natural vitamins

Try taking a few days course of Mucinex as directed. You may still have some clogged sinuses that are inhibiting drainage. It can take a while for the fluid to clear. Don't let it go to long...standing fluid is just a great place for another infection to breed.

1 / 3