Flu Shots - Ponca City,OK

I think I am trying to come down with the flu. my work has schedualed flu shots for next week. once flu symptoms have started does it help to get a flu shot or is it pointless. I am not sure that its the flu. I am cold its 85 outside I am wearing a thermal and a sweat shirt and 3 blankets. I am very tired and sleeping alot except for last night i did the hot and sweaty, cold sweats, and cold and freezing and was real tired and couldn't sleep. at first I thought hormones but my other half said maybe flu. I have no fever a headache and muscle aches. any ideas?

If you don't have fever, it'smost likely NOT flu.
But I would not recommend getting a flu shot. I stopped taking them 10 years ago, and have not had the flu since then. I got the flu every year when I took them.

If I were you I'd get the shot.
You might have come down with a flu, but there are many strains and the shot of the year tries to protect you from the worst one(s) going around.

By getting the flu, you are essentially immunized from this virus, so a flu shot is pointless. However, The flu shot protects you from more than one strain of the virus. So, it may still be worth getting once you recover from this flu. Hope you feel better soon!!!

I would get it anyway because it also includes H1N1 vac as well. And what you have may be a different strain than the strain in the flu shot.

Do not get the shot if you are already sick! Or if you are recently getting over something because your immune system is compromised and you could get even worse. Talk with your doctor.

Go the the Doctor... they can test you for Flu.
And if caught early enough, you can take the anti-flu medicine... I forgot what it is called.

Go to the Doctor.... and then ask, if you still should take a flu shot.
But you cannot take any shots while having a fever. Which you obviously have...

If that's the case, then I would probably pass on the shot. When you are sick, your immune system is already down. Probably not a good idea to get a foreign substance shot into you at that time when your immune system is already struggling and your body is not working optimally. That's just how I see it.

go to the doctor. if you have flu they can give you tami flu. It works great.

1 / 3