Flu Shots? - Worcester,MA

its flu shot day!!!! yay!!!!.....ive been waiting for this day for a long time since our pediatrician is always on a wait list to get them...i even got both the kids scheduled for the same day and time....

but now one is sick and shes been running a random fever so she cant get hers.....so i have to reschedule.....for another three weeks....im telling you thing because while i was telling some people (because its just my luck) i was in shock of how many people dont get the flu shot for their kids....especially school aged....

just wondering how common it was for kids not to get it? dont get me wrong my daughter can catch and airbourne illness be it human or not lol so i will be taking her to her new apt but i was kind of in awe with that....

don't do it, never will. For me or my kids. It's not very effective, can make you sick. Extra vitamin d and chiropractic care for us!

My boys dont get flu shots, my husband and I dont either. The cons out weight the pros for us. My boys take Immune Support Vitamins and get Local Honey every single morning, also we practice good hygiene and hand wash methods.

there is no way that me, or my kids will ever get a flu shot. ever.

We do not get my 3.5 yr old a flu shot.
From what I understand, the flu shot is made from last years strand of flu. This years strand of flu may be different. It may be the same. We just don't see the need to get an injection for something that likey won't work anyways. We take or extra vitamin c, wash our hands, etc.

My 'kids' are now 21 and 17. None of us, DH included, have ever had a flu shot. And I am an RN. IF we've ever truly had influenza it has been mild compared to what others have had.

I won't go into my thoughts and feelings about flu shots and the politics around them. But I will say that for MY family, MY many years of experience and research has lead me to believe we don't need them. Now as a nurse I do believe there are some people who truly should get them.

My daughter is 21 and has never had a flu shot in her life. She has had the flu twice in her life.

No flu shots for us!

My husband & I have never had flu shots.
My son got them til he was about 3. He's going to be 9.

It's a total gamble on what strain they *think* will be making the rounds this year.
Now, I think the elderly, the very young, health care workers, child care workers, people with compromised immune systems, etc. are smart to get them. But we are a no flu shot family.

1 / 3