Flu Shot While Pregnant

Opinions on getting or not getting a flu shot while preggers?

Get it. There is no down side. This year's shot contains the H1N1 strand. Some say it hasn't been around long enough to know it's safe, but that's a misconception. Last year's shot was another flu shot. The process of making it was the same. The strands of the flu shot vary each year, but the process is the same. It is perfectly safe for you and baby!

I got a flu shot when I was pregnant. My doctor recommended I did because my baby was due in december and the shot would go to the baby too.

I think it is very dangerous to get the flu shot while pregnant. Your baby is developing neurologically in utero. They don't really know the effects of vaccinations on a developing baby. In many countries, they are now banning the flu shot for children under the age of 9 because of the damage they are doing. I would say that a forming baby falls under that category.

I got it both times I was pregnant and everything is fine!

I know a woman who did NOT get the shot. She got H1N1 and her baby inside her died.
I am pregnant and just got the shot. There was no mercury in it, even.

Didn't get it with my first and I was working with pediatric asthma patients at the time. Not getting it this time either. But I tend to have a really strong immune system so I'm not worried about it. Good luck with whichever you choose!

I am 17 weeks pregnant and got my flu shot about a month ago. By getting it while you are pregnant you will pass some of your antibodies to your baby and he/she will be protected after birth, when she/he is too young to get a vaccine. I got one while I was pregnant with my first son also. My whole family will get vaccinated, as I want to decrease the risk of my newborn contracting the flu as it can be quite dangerous for infants. The CDC recommends flu shots for all pregnant women.

I chose to get the flu shot b/c I have two other children that are involved in school and sports and felt like they would be potentially bringing home germs and felt it was my responsability to protect my baby now while pregnant so when he/she is born she would be protected through my immunization.

Goo dluck!

1 / 3