Floaters During Pregnancy...

(Visual floaters) I know that they aren't uncommon... and I'm having them occasionally. But I am finding mixed information about whether or not they are cause for some concern. Some sites say that floaters are normal during pregnancy with no mention of other concerns, and other sites relate floaters to hypertension, pre-eclampsia or eclampsia. I had pregnancy induced hypertension in my last pregnancy, which progressed to preeclampsia at the very end. So far this pregnancy, everything checks out fine. My blood pressure has been stable and well within the range of normal, even on the lower end of normal with no signs of creeping up. I have my next OB appointment on 10/6, so I will be at the doctor's again in a week and I will ask about it then, but just wondering what you know about floaters during pregnancy.

I had floaters, but not until a few days before my emergency c-section (at 35 weeks) due to my toxemia.

I have had 3 kids, no floaters. Now I'm 40 and not pregnant and just got my 1st one a couple months ago. It's crazy annoying. Like you I read up on them and it's supposdely something stuck in the vitreol fluid. Some people tell me thiers have gone away, but mine is still annoying me. From what I read it's no casue for concren unless they spiderweb, you see spots or they get so numerous that it obstructs your vision.

I hate when there is all different answer to things like this.
I had them with both my pregnancies. All the drs i went to said it was a BAD thing. But they could never find anything wrong with me. I had a totally healthy pregnancy, both times.
I ended up going to a natural Dr. He did some test and found out my Iron was low. He said that was the cause of my "floaters"

floaters are common pregnant or not. I always have floaters but as long as I don'thave a massive amount come out suddenly then no major concern.

everyone has floaters amost all the time just some are more noticable then others, just like skin shedding of the eye happens. So unless you can't se past your floaters not much to worry about they will eventually sink to where you can not see them.

I don't think all floaters are from high blood presure. I had preclamsia too and those where bright spots but have floaters some even now and not PG that are not colorful. The bright is what should concern you and you might want to call your dr even before you apt.

Good luck and God Bless!

I totally had more floaters. My vision got more blurry too. My doctor said it was normal. My blood pressure was always on the low side, but they were never worried about me. I had a normal, healthy pregnancy.

Not only speaking to your OB about this but seeing your eye doctor they can do testing to see if you are in need of glasses a medical concern outside your pregnancy or just normal pregnancy symptom better to play it safe

Go to the eye doctor, not just your doctor.

Floaters also happen when people get very old, and they can be very frustrating because they don't go away. (I have a 61 year old friend who has a "blob" in her vision, and she's very upset about it. It will be there the rest of her days and won't be going away.)

The eye doctor can tell you if these floaters are temporary, permanent, no big deal, or an indication of something wrong. Your eyes are precious and I wouldn't see just your OB, though I certainly WOULD make sure you don't have preeclampsia.

Good luck!!!!

1 / 3