Flat Chested Mama Needs a Good Bra!

It may seem silly but I am serious when I say that I need a good bra. I am almost a 34-36A cup. The A cup doesn't even touch my chest. I did buy a training bra a couple of years ago, how humiliating. My straps are always falling down because if I tighten them then the bra slides up over my chest. UGH! PLEASE flat chested friends. What is a good bra? I have tried what feels like a million different bras.

ha! well at least you say you're husband is 'supportive'

I have the same issues as you're talking about. my bra of choice is Body by Victoria (victoria Secret) size 32AA.
and it works! bra straps stay... and it even makes me look like I have more of a bust. love that!

they are about $35. but completely worth it.

It's good to hear that I am not alone! I struggle with the same problem. What works for me is the Victoria Secret Very Sexy Bra, but I need it in the demi not full cup. They actually are on clearance right now for $19.99 apiece because I think they are being discontinued. I just bought a few to stock up. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for posting this! I, too, am a 34A (A- really) and only wear a bra for smoothing and to make it look like I have some boobs. I can fit my hand in between the cups and my chest for most of my bras. I LOVED my chest when I was pregnant and nursing, a 34B! I think that after nursing for a year, the reward should be that you get to keep the boobs, alas, they left me, and left me even more flat than before, if that's possible. I have no tips to offer, only thanks for posting since everyone had good products to suggest that I now need to go look into!

I haven't tried them yet (too rich for my blood) but I was definitely interested when I read an article about www.ittybittybra.com Here's a copy/paste of the article from MSN.com:

We've had our consciousness raised over the hardship of Rubenesque women finding great plus-size garments. But what about the tiniest among us?
We're talking about the long neglected owners of itty bitties, those barely-there bosoms.
We are demanding respect! Underscoring our humanity!
And begging for a bra that fits.

Itty bitties just don't sit right in regular brassieres. The larger the band size, the larger the cups. So if you require a bra over a size 32, there's usually a lot of extra room in there.
And when you get into the smallest cups, underwire is a rarity. Just because we're little doesn't mean we're not looking for perkiness, hello.
What's more, we don't want to fake it by stuffing gelatinous wedges under our shirts.

For too long have we have we hankered for a bra to call our own. And now we have one.
From Irvine, California, comes a new line of bras constructed just for us. It's the aptly named Itty Bitty Bra. Smallness is its specialty, and cups go from size AA to B. No starter bras, these. The garments are very well designed, with underwire and wide-set shoulder straps. Cut low beneath the armpit and also low across the bust, they come in a handful of solids and a couple of prints. They're light on the padding but not so much so that you need fear a cool breeze.
At $50 to $55 a pop, these puppies don't come cheap. But they do coax some semblance of cleavage from even the ittiest of itty bitties.

And what's it worth finally to be able to say: My cups spilth over? At ittybittybra.com.

E-mail Kathryn at ____@____.com

I agree with Ruby K, I buy Lily of France bras and love them. They have a lot of extra padding and make me look like I'm a cup size bigger. They are comfortable and look smooth under shirts.

I have to agree with Carol on this one. I would say go into Victoria's Secret and have them size you. (it's free) They also sell a bra called "very sexy" which is a push up bra. I know, it may sound silly if you have little to work with but, you never know. I believe I've seen AA's there and they have a huge sale coming up from June 16-29. Try out a few and see what you like, then wait until they go on sale.
Good luck on finding the bra that's right for you!

Sorry I don't have a great bra for you--

but I would say be sure that you are getting measured for a bra so you actually wear the correct size. Oprah did a whole show on bras and LOTs of women were wearing the wrong size.

I have heard of AA cups tho they might be hard to find--maybe look on the internet. GOOD LUCK!

I too am a flat chested mama. I am currently using two brands. One is the wireless cotton bra from victoria secret and the other is Warners, you can get them at JCPenny. Both are lined so there is shape to them. I don't fill them out, but they fit and I don't look like a boy!

Hi J..
I have the same problem. I have been to Victoria's Secret for a fitting, only to have them tell me that they have no bras that will fit me - most of their stuff starts at B, or it did a few years ago anyway. For a couple years now I have been wearing Maidenform The Dream Push Up. It fits great, has a decent amount of padding but not too much, straps stay up. I have five of them I bought a couple years ago and all are still in great shape and I wash them in the washer in a lingerie bag. I got them at Kohl's - about $25 each and worth the investment. Good luck in your search in this ever annoying process of bra shopping!

1 / 3