First Time Mom in Need of Clothing Size Lesson

Is it just me or is it difficult to find 12 month sizes!?! There is a vast array of 3-6,6-9,and even 18 month. Where do the 12 months go? Also, what the heck does 1T, 2T etc mean? My daughter has outgrown the 6-9 and the 18 month are too big. And let it be known that I shop for clothes at Wal-Mart, Target and Babies'r' Us. I prefer(because of budget)to shop "cheaply", as she will not be in them for long.
Alright ladies, let me have it!!!!
Proud Housewife of one 11.5 month old,
M.:)

I appreciate all the responses I received. Unfortunetly, I am in Galveston County. So, I will not be able to shop at alot of stores suggested to me. I do, however, appreciate the 411 on the 1T, 2T mystery. At least now I am better able to shop for clothing the right size
Thanks to all!!!
M. :)

Okay, I shop at The Children's Place beacuse they have the cutest clothes and are very inexpensive. As far as where the 12 month clothes go...I dont know. 1T and 2T are 1 toddler, 2 toddler, etc. When you baby has outgrown the 24 month outfits that is the next step. Hope this helps!

Old Navy and Gap have the size you are looking for. Great deals online. Kohl's too.
My son was in 24 months by 12 months old, so I was always buying ahead... lol
There are a lot of great online shops.
ebay is a great one. There is a lady K&MBoutiques or something like that...
www.auntnellieskids.com
www.blueturtlekids.com
www.bestdressedchild.com
www.janieandjack.com
www.hannaanderson.com
I have a ton. Shop the sales or clearance. It takes time/patience.
Also most online and most all stores have size charts. Typically 24m and 2T are close to the same, but 2T is longer.
ALSO for whatever reason, more expensive clothes run smaller?! That is my experience.
GOOD LUCK

I know my response is late but here goes. I didnt see any mention Bells. We have a "getto" Bells in Victoria which I prefer shopping at because they are usually stocked with idems and they have great sales. Also try Sears, I havent yet but I am guessing they might have both those stores in your town. Hate not being able to find 12 months but the 1T might come in handy!

I'm with you on the "affordability factor" so, I do alot of Wal-Mart and Target too. Ok, so while the other responses are acurate about the 1T / 2T / 3T corresponding with the typical age, I found that some Wal-Mart brands "24 months" are sometimes slightly (ever so slightly) smaller than the 2T's of the same brand. It doesn't make sense since it's the same age!! Also, I have found that the Circo brand at Target runs small, so buy bigger.
Great resale shops: Once Upon a Child in Plano, and Kid to Kid (the one at Parker and Midway had a much better selection). Last time I took clothes to Once Upon a Child, I walked out of there with about $180.00 worth of clothes that I only paid $20.00 for with the credit from the box I brought to them.

I agree with the fact that Target's brand (Circo) runs small, so you will want to go up a size with them. I think the other posts have covered your size questions. I think (although not sure since my daughter is still wearing 18 months and she's 2) that 24 months is a wee bit smaller than 2T, but probably not much of a difference there. I don't actually think I've ever seen a 1T size before, but I would imagine it's the same as 12 months, so if you see one, that might be what you're looking for!

Good luck! Also, Children's Place is great if you can find stuff on sale and they almost always have coupons. Carters can be expensive unless you find their stuff on sale, but when they do have sales, I go there because I LOVE their stuff. Also, Kohl's carries Carter's brand stuff for lots cheaper, so you could check that out too.

I have a daughter & I shop alot of re-sale shops ! I find name brand clothing & at a cheap price ! I live in s.w. Houston, if you lived in this area i would give you a few to check out ! Also, try ebay - you can get good deals there too ! Just punch in 12 mos. Girl clothes & it will pull it all up for you. I also shop garage sales - the expensive subdivisions - and I have found from gymboree, to childrens place - limited too - polo - tommy hilfiger - all under $ 5.00 - excellent condition ! I am a clothes hog ! - I dress my children very well !! also, 1T-2T'S those are toddler sizes - Have a good day !!

I used to work for the Gap and all of their clothes run big. 2 T means 2 toddler. Your child may be too small for these but go ahead and try the 18month clothes and just roll them up.

Try Craigslist or Kid to Kid.

1T is 12 mos and 2T is 24 months. They are usually a little thinner around and do not always have the snaps in the crotch. I find a lot of 12 month stuff at Babies R Us at Baybrook. I have one in 12 mos (or 1T) and one in 24 mos (or 2T). I don't buy at Walmart so I don't have an idea about them. Target doesn't seem to have as many at Babies R Us. Toys R Us - baybrook again - also has a fair selection. hth

1 / 3