First Birthday Party Theme

I am looking for a first birthday party theme for my daughter. Some basic info: She is turning one in late July. I am renting picnic tables at a large local park. There will be kids primarily age 6 and under. I would like to find plates and napkins online that match the theme.

Thanks in advance.

We had a flower theme. We had flowers on the invite with a cute saying about our beautiful flower turning one. I made flower balloons from an idea on Martha Stewart's website. The napkins and banner had flowers on them. The craft was decorating a small flower pot and then filling it with soil (raisins), gummy worms, and a large flower lollipop. We had gourmet cupcakes with orange and pink flowers. Everything turned out great. Thanks for the suggestions!

I do not understand why a first birthday party needs a theme myslef, we only had a small gathering with some finger foods and a homemade zuchhini cake with cool whip frosting (loved it!) .. but a suggested theme would be Sesame Street presents the number 1! or Jungle animals etc.

I wouldnt go overboard either way. W/ my oldets we went CRAZY and spent sooo much money on decorations, they dont remember it. Im not saying not make it special, but remember the themes at this age are more for our own enjoyment. Just have fun and enjoy the occasion :)

Is there a particular cartoon that she likes more than others? If so, I would go with that. Otherwise, for summer I think ladybug themed stuff would be really cute for a little girl. Or flowers.

For my daughters first birthday I wanted to have a theme, mostly because our friends have kids that were 2-3 at the time, so I wanted it to be fun for them too. We did a little barnyard theme from 1stwishes.com. I loved the little banner they had we had it say "Giddy Up and Have Some Fun, Madelyn is Turning 1" Then we took pictures with her in overalls and pigtails, next to my cowboy boots and her little barn toy for the invitations. It was adorable. Our plan was also to have it at a park so we had the playground for kids to play at, then at the end of the summer before I had bought a blow up pool for like a dollar and at christmas I bought bags of those colored balls and we made a ball pit "Pig Pen" I also threw a few pig stuffed animals from the dollar store in there for the kids to play with. My sister made an amazing cake, it was shaped like a barn and she also made cow and pig cupcakes. They were awesome!
It was cute, fun, and easy, and all the kids (mostly my daughter) had a great time.

For my son's first birthday we did a monkey theme. I made this cake from Martha Stewart http://www.marthastewart.com/339242/monkey-cake, got plates and napkins with monkeys on them and had balloons in the center of the tables weighted down with monkey books that he already had. We also had his party in the park and it was a hit. Good luck!

I did a Ladybug theme for my daughters 1st birthday last year (also in late July). It turned out really cute. I made all the decorations and the cake and just did red and black plates versus ordering special ones with ladybugs on them which would have been far more expensive.

I would just take my daughters with me the first few years and hold up different colored plates or plates with images on them and they would point to the ones they liked the best. We'd narrow it down to the favorite, although a few times in the first few years of birthdays we had mixed-and-matched "themes." Don't worry so much about theming the party. People won't be judging the theme so much as enjoying the kids, the food, and complimenting you on how good you look only a year after your baby's delivery.

I found cute butterfly first birthday items at birthdayexpress.com. They have a bunch of first birthday supplies, even ones you can personalize with a picture of your child. Good prices and very fast shipping. Even took back the unopened extras I had with no problem. Good luck!

1 / 3