First Birthday Party for Twin Girls!!!

My twin girls are turning 1 very soon!!! I have no ideas for a first birthday party. With my son he had an interest in baby Einstein...but my girls aren't interested in anything enough to make it a theme. Any cute ideas??? I am stuck and can't find anything!!! Thanks!!

Thanks for all the good ideas!! I know some are saying not to spend alot. That was never my plan....just like plates and stuff and the cake. But i did get good ideas. Michele- Thanks for the info on the meeting. I don't belong but oddly enough I work at Toledo hospital and I will be working here already. Where is it at in the hospital?? If I get out early maybe stop by. My email is ____@____.com for further advice...I can't figure out this website!!!

What about simple cute things like LADYBUGS.....KITTENS....PUPPIES? There are a TON of ideas for kids parties in books when you go to places like PARTY PLUS, etc. You can do EASY ladybug ideas w/ oreos or cupcakes OR a cake if you like.

For my twin daughters' first bday party, we did pink and purple themed with girly decorations and cake(s). The second was butterflies and the third was elmo. Honestly, they may not remember their first bday party, except for all of the pictures you take.... and they'll be most happy with their "first bday" cake that the store usually provides for them to dig into than the main cake. Have fun!!

Children this young really do not need a theme for a birthday party unless they are showing a great interest in one certain thing. I would go with bright girly colors and happy sounds. You might also want to have a miniture birthday cake made for each of them with them being twins.Put them in thier high chairs and let them do as they may, Makes a great photo, don't worry the frosting will wash out easily.Use bright colored plates and glasses and enjoy.

I'll never forget the first birthday of my twin sons, though it was 31 years ago. I don't recall that there was a theme. But I do remember that I sat them both on the floor (freshly and thoroughly scrubbed) and gave them their individual birthday cakes. I knew they would not be so interested in eating it as playing with it, and that they did. What a mess, and what fun. I wish I had taken pictures.

I'm not sure a theme is so important as the love that will be shared. Gather family and friends around and celebrate the year. A theme might be pictures of the twins as they are growing. Or how about a Noah's Ark theme since they came in two by two?

I have boy and girl twins, and was not sure either. But I saw somethings for a "Cupcake" themed party and it turned out great!
You could go to partyexpress.com
Just look for the cupcake themed items. All the things were really nice.

A great party idea site is:

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/

Here are some ideas that might be fun (you can search through their kid’s birthday party section for other ideas):
Ladybugs (could add in bees or butterflies, too)
Tea party (“a tea for two sweet little girls…”)
Under the sea (fish/ocean/mermaid theme)
Autumn Harvest party (for Fall birthday)

We did a ladybug party for my daughter’s first. No, she won’t remember it, but it was more fun for me to plan everything and have the family over. We decorated by making cutouts of green leaves and pink, purple, and yellow flowers with construction paper. We also did balloons and streamers in these colors. I bought red gift bags and painted black dots on them and filled them with candy for the kids to take home. I also did the same with red balloons. I made ladybug antenna for everyone (those were a big hit). I just bought a cheap pack of headbands and Target, then glued black fuzz balls to black pipe cleaners and attached the pipe cleaners to the headband. I also made ladybug invitations with wings that opened up. I wore red polka dot tights and my daughter had a ladybug dress. It was lots of fun and really did not cost that much more than a regular party.

We just kept it simple for my daughter's 1st birthday as well as my twin boys. They are not old enough to remember so going all out is more for mom and dad than the child. I would wait to get too "into" the birthday parties. When they are older they will appreciate it more and the effort will be so worth it. We just did pink butterflies and dragonflies that were printed with a number 1! You can find really cutsie ideas at your local Walmart or paper supply place.
Have fun! Twins are the best and the birthday parties only get more fun as they age!

Ruffles & Cream Baby and Children's Boutique, www.rufflesandcream.com have a fabulous selection of birthday outfit and birthday tutu Sets for girls and birthday hats for boys and girls. Here's the link:
http://www.rufflesandcream.com/Birthday-Outfits-&-Hat...

Why not just do a princess party? They have all sorts of decor and favors in various designs all over the place for princess parties. We did one in May for our daughter's 1st birthday and evne found a "1st Birthday Princess" outfit complete with tiara at Babies R Us. Oriental Trading has a lot of different themes as well.

1 / 3