Fireplace Graffitti!

My 4 year old practiced his writing on my brick fire place, with a permanent maker. I have tried every thing I know to get it off... Any suggestions?

So I did a real quick google search and the general consensus is WD 40. Others were rubbing alcohol and WD 40 (mixed), nail polish remover, aerosal spray sunscreen. Maybe one of these will work!

Never had that happen. Do you know about Melaluca, there is a all in one cleaner called Solumel that works on almost everything.

Or the magic sponge, that may work to. Just may have to work hard with it.

Those are the only two things I can suggest that might work!

Alcohol swabs usually work to get permanent marker off of anything. Try it in a small area first and see.

I have seen the magic eraser take permanent marker off of other surfaces, I don't see any reason it shouldn't remove it from brick...The only problem I forsee is the rough surface may breay up the spongelike material it is made out of before it can do it's job. I would suggest have a few handy in case this happens..

Good Luck... ;-)

I have a five year old that loves to practice her writting everywhere .I use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. That has worked for me.

Bath and Body Works Body Splash (any scent will do)! I worked there for 9 years and it was our #1 cleaning agent! I was able to get permanent marker off almost anything! Spray enough to make the ink start to run, then blot with paper towel, then continue to keep spraying till it is all gone! Good luck!

Rubbing alcohol and a rag (and a bunch of elbow grease to rub it out) works on permament marker on plastics and other things. I haven't tried it on brick though but it's worked everywhere else. Good luck!

I've used toothpaste to remove permenant marker before. Of course, that was before they had the Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. That's a great product too!

If you haven't already - you might try Magic Erasers.
They took Sharpie off our baseboard when our cousin's kids decided to decorate for us.

Hello S.,

Have you tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ? Someone recommended Awesome Orange cleaner or the Awesome Oxygen cleaner that can be purchased at the Dollar Tree or Family Dollar stores. Hope this helps!

E.

1 / 3