Finding an OBGYN

I will be moving from NC to the St. Louis area withing a few weeks and I'm pregnant with my 3rd. I'm not due till March, but will need to find a place soon! Our new zip code will be near 63119. Any recommendations? Also, has anyone seen Dr. Jerome Sacher or have reviews on MO Baptist, or Barnes-Jewish hospital? So far this is the only recommendation I have, but its from a birth 14yrs ago...Thank you!

H.,

Dr. Shanon Forseter is AWESOME!! I can't say enough good things about him. He delivers at Mo Bap and just about any hospital in the St. Louis area so you'll have lots of choices. I delievered at Mo Bap and had a good experience. My husband works in OB at Barnes from time to time and while you'll get good care, it's not what he would've picked for me. Dr. Forseter's number is ###-###-#### He is located off New Ballas Rd - which is down the street from both St. Johns and Mo Bap.

St. John's! I had my two year old son there and it is one of the best in the area. I see Dr. Pignotti there but not sure if he is taking new patients. You can call his office at ###-###-####. He's so great and didn't mind my constant phone calls while I was pregnant! Good luck... S.

Hi! You and I flip-flopped... I just moved from St Louis to NC so I can answer this one easily :)
I can definitely recommend Dr Caroline Werner of Genesis Ob-Gyn. That woman is pure gold :) I had a tough time with my second pregnancy and, when it came time to deliver, she came in on her day off to take care of me. She's awesome!!
You can get hold of Genesis at ###-###-####. They have an amazing staff and I really do wish that Dr Werner could be with me through my pregnancy now.
I had my little one at St Johns Mercy and just loved every bit of it, the nurses, the facilities, the food - everything was great. The only part I didn't care for was that they wouldn't let me take home one of their chefs when it was time to get discharged!!
Hope this helps you. Enjoy St Louis - I lived there for 5 years and had a ball.
Good luck :)

I also see Dr. Rempe at the Healthcare Group for Women. I LOVE her! Both of my children have been delivered at MOBap and I have had wonderful experiences with both. The entire office Dr. Rempe is in is great, I have seen all the dr. and the nurse practitioners, and I can't say enough about them all. Good Luck!

Welcome to St. Louis, H..

Just a word about Barnes-Jewish. I delivered my first child there 1.5yrs ago and had a good experience. It isn't a cushy as MoBap, but I live in the city and it's only 15 minutes from my house, so it just made sense. The staff was very experienced and caring and I never felt like I was being rushed or ignored.

My OB/gyn is Dr. Gray-Swain and she and her partner are both great. Both women, and very busy practice, they just moved their office to a new medical center off Oakland drive, across from Forest Park.

Best of luck to you!

I personally would recommend delivering at St. Johns Mercy Medical Center. Many people will tell you that this is a "baby factory" b/c they deliver so many children and to me THAT is precisely why anyone shoudl deliver there. They are cpmpletely equiped to deal with newborn issues and your child will not be moved to another hospital should the need for it arise b/c s/he would be moved to St. Johns or Childrens if s/he had issues at another hospital not equipped to handle the matter. I'm not sure where 63119 is, but I see a Dr. named Anne Piche-Radley (Dr. Radley), as do both my sisters and we've had 6 pregnancies between us with Dr. Radley. She works with Genesis OBGYN.

H.,

Don't have a doctor recommendation but would definitely recommend Mo Baptist. I had 3 of my 4 children there and is definitely a nice place. It is really nice and you get alot of personal attention and I loved the food. Good luck.

I LOVE my OB/GYN, her name is Dr. Rempe and she is part of an all women practice at MO Baptist. Her number is ###-###-####. I also live in 63119.

1 / 3