Finding a Good Dan(defeat Autism Now ) Doctor in San Antonio

Updated on October 25, 2008
M.T. asks from San Antonio, TX

Hello moms,
I have a 5 year old autistic son and am trying to get some feedback on DAN Doctors from moms in San Antonio, and surrounding areas . I have found this website very useful , because there is no better source that to ask mom's that are going through the same walk of life .I am trying to find a practitioner that really takes the issues of each autistic child to heart , and that only runs test that are absolutely necessary to help that individual child. Please share your experiences with me .

Thank you

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from San Antonio on

I don't know of any doctors, but I just wanted to say I am praying for you. Best wishes to you and your family.

answers from San Antonio on

Hi, my son is under the autism spectrum and under the alternative biomed interventions but out in Austin, several of us prefer it this way as here in SA we really do not have a good medical physician who are into the DAN protocol.
Dr. Melissa Kempf use to but believe is no longer seeing patients who have autism. My son use to be seen by her but I preferred going to Austin instead.

Here in SA, I could recommend -

Dr. Carmen N. Arroyo-Otero, MD – Alamo City Center for Autism

155 E Sonterra B

Blvd, Suit###-###-####

DAN! Practitioner

Abby Kurth, MP

H, MS - The Center for Complementary Medicine 7300 Blanco Rd, Suite 503, San Antonio, TX 78216

###-###-#### DAN! Practitioner

Services include clinical nutrition, homeopathy, vitamin and mineral supplements, essential fatty acids, and special diets including gluten free, casein free, yeast-free, allergen-free.

Wanted to add some of the YouTube segment with Julie Matthews who has a wealth of information.
Please do not hesitate on viewing the related videos.

Autism Diet & Nutrition: 1 of 10 - to Parents & Clinicians

Diet Overview by Julie Mathews

How Diet Can Help Autism Symptoms, by Julie Matthews

Hope something helps.

answers from San Antonio on

I don't know of any doctors, but I do know a great school called One For Autism, and I bet if you called them they could point you in the right direction. ###-###-#### is their number. The website is:

Next question: Seeking Schools with Good Special Ed. Dept in San Antonio