Finally...... Our Honeymoon!

We will be married 3 yrs in June. We got married in Sedona, AZ on long weekend. I was in school at the time in Phoenix. So life happens, fast forward 3 years and here we are. We are looking for someplace to go this year. Here are our stipulations, some I won't bore all of you with, including we don't want to go anywhere we went with our previous spouse, LOL. (that shortens the list quickly as we were both married for 13+ years previously).
Ok, we have contemplated the following: Europe (however the Summer Olympics are there this year)
New York (she wants to go at Christmas time)
Nothing in Mexico (i don't want to be a story on Foxnews)
Nothing in the Middle East ( see Mexico)
Italy
Denver
Vegas (we've been before and really enjoyed it)
San Diego
Alaskan Cruise
Chicago
An Amtrak train adventure
Canada
So let me know my friends. Where would you go with your SO, money really isn't a concern at the moment, we just want to find a place first. Oh yeah, we have about a week to do this.

We did discuss Hawaii, but neither of us had an interest. Good idea though!

This is going to sound crazy, but Disney World in Florida. Yes, seriously. About 5 years ago I won a vacation for 2 to anywhere Southwest Airlines flew to include hotel & daily food expenses. After plenty of thought, we chose Disney. We stayed at Shades of Green which is the military resort on the property so we didn't need a rental car at all. We didn't have passes to go to parks every day there, but we did get I believe a 2-day pass to Disney & a 1-day pass to Universal. The only time we needed to arrange transportation was the day we went to Universal, but the concierge (sp?) at the resort handled it for us. Every place else we just used the Disney bus or monorail.

Being there without kids was amazing. There was nobody worried about a melt-down, nobody complaining about standing in lines, no whining that someone was hungry or just wanted to go swim in the pool. There were no early mornings, but rather a lot very late nights spent in Downtown Disney. It was an absolute blast & I have recomended to every couple I know that they take this trip without their kids at least once. It's like a whole different vacation!

Bora Bora, Hawaii, St. Lucia, Ireland and Scotland, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Greece.

Those are where I would LOVE to go.

I don't think I would do the Alaskan cruise because, as beautiful as it may be, I will never pay money to be cold.

Italy. I would probably want to go to Italy to see Rome, Venice, the Great Cathedrals, the ruins. Very romantic.

Greece would be great too.

Alaskan cruise! We did that for our 10-year anniversary and loved it. It's most likely going to be unlike any place you've seen before. We loved it there -- beautiful scenery, fun activities, stunning glaciers, amazing wildlife (saw a ton of eagles on one terrific excursion) and the cruise itself was great.

The Olympics are in London. You can still go to Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Spain....I LOVED Belgium and Germany - get the train ticket and travel ALL OVER!!!

If money isn't an option - Australia. But that takes about 2 to 3 weeks - so I don't know how much time you have.

An Alaskan cruise in May would be GREAT!!!

San Diego - sooo much to do!!!

Whistler in Canada....

HAVE A BLAST!!!

Well, I'm a major foodie and what interests me these days is Barcelona.

:)

Money no issue...Europe!

Denver (used to live in the area) is actually great during the summer...plus there is so much to do in the mountains. One year hubs and I rented 4 wheeler(s) in the mountains for a day and it was so much fun!

Loved San Diego, love Chicago...

Of course we loved Maui...I know you said not much of an interest...we didn't do any of the Luau type things...but love snorkeling with the sea turtles and right off the beach from the resort.

I am a really well traveled person. I've been everywhere on your list except the Alaska vacation. Go to Trip Advisor and read comments and recommendations of other travellers.
If you go to Croatia, no crowds, great beaches, Slovakia is gorgeous and has lovely natural places. The Czech Republic is a magical place to be. Prague is the only city that is as beautiful and full of music as Budapest, Hungary.
I would do only one country if you only have a week.
I have worked in Europe for 28 years and so I take a few vacation days to see the world beyond work every half year.
In November a friend of mine and I took a train at 7am to go to Como, Italy to eat, shop and visit the Duomo (Cathedral). We were home by 10 pm. Well fed and shopped out. If it hadn't been raining so hard we would have taken the cruise along the lake for a few hours in the morning.
Take the train in Europe. I haven't been able to decide who are the most aggressive, wild truck drivers the Spanish or the Polish. If you drive through Germany you will arrived wet from sweat due to no speed limits and drivers passing on the left and the right at nearly the same moment.
In Italy you don't wear jewelry unless you want it stolen. I kept my bracelet that I never remove under a sports brace for my wrist which I wore everywhere including the Vatican.
Scotland is fantastic beautiful nature, exciting cities and people do speak your language. You can drive if you aren't too dyslexic to remember which side of the road you have to turn into.

Those are where I would LOVE to go.

i say go to dubrovnik (croatia) this summer or southern italy.

1 / 3