Film on Drinking Glasses

Any suggestions on how to get the film off of drinking glasses that build up from the dishwasher?

white vinegar works wonders! Thank you

Get Lemi-shine, it comes in a little bottle and it a powder formula, you just at a little in the bottom of every wash. It is amazing and works awesome to get the film from hard water off.
This is what it looks like,
http://www.amazon.com/Lemi-Shine-Dishwater-Detergent-Conc...
And I can get mine at Walmart
Vinegar works too, but I think this is a little easier.
E.

Could it be hard water deposit stains? Try vinegar in the little rinse thing that unscrews.

You can run the empty dishwater with a cup or two of white vinegar. I used to get that when I used liquid or gel detergent. Our appliance guy said ALWAYS powder or powder packs. It stopped happening.
If you use liquid or gel--use less!

This is what it looks like,
And I can get mine at Walmart
E.

It depends on what is causing the film. Vinegar will get hard water deposits off, and it will clean your dishwasher, too. A dishwasher repairman told me to fill a glass with white vinegar (I buy it by the gallon at Walmart--it's pretty cheap) and put it right-side up in the middle of your lower rack. He said to run your dishwasher empty to clean the dishwasher, but we'd had crud building up on our dishes, so we ran it again with vinegar and those dishes (the ones with build up). I couldn't believe how much better they looked! I do that every few weeks just to keep it up. It cleans out some of the hard-water deposits in the dishwasher, meaning that it sprays better and cleans better.

But dishwashers etch glass over time. Hold your glasses up to sunlight. If there's sort of a rainbow when you're looking at the "film" then it's not really film. It's etching. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your choices are to live with it, buy new glasses every few years, or wash your glasses by hand. I live with it until I can buy new glasses.

Add a cup of white vinegar at the beginning of the wash cycle. It keeps the film off glasses and helps keep that same buildup from accumulating inside your dishwasher.

There is a product called Glass Magic (I think it's a cascade product) that we use. We have a roll away washer and it's the only thing that keeps the film away. I clean my dishwasher with Vinegar every month, too.

You may have to adjust the amount of detergent and/or jet dry. I had that once and I think it was because I used too much jet dry. Check your dishwasher manual it will probably say something in there.

CITRIC ACID!
A pharmacist let me in on that secret and it works really well. Fill the soap area with it and run your dishwasher empty. It gets rid of hard water deposits & clears out all the sprayer holes so your dishes will get rinsed much better. But it at any pharmacy or much cheaper in a 1 lb tub at Orson Gygi for $5.99.

1 / 3