Filling Nail Holes in Wall

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this??? I am planning on taking everything down from my walls and paint them but I dont know what to do about the nail holes from pictures, frames, mirrors, etc.

you fill the holes with spackling (sp) you can get this at any store like walmart or home depot or lowes. Very easy to do, I just use my finger and scoop some out of the tub and rub it over the hole. let it dry for a little bit and then you can sand it smooth if need be then paint.

Okay...this is kinda tacky, but since I usually hang stuff right back where I had it I just paint over the holes and pop the nails back in.

You can get a tube of stuff that's meant just for this purpose. It's like spackle, but it's a small tube with a sponge on the end and it works great for filling holes. I can't remember the name, but just ask at Lowes or Home Depot.

Also, make sure that after the spackle dries that you use sandpaper(fine grade works) over all of the holes and rub it really good. Otherwise, when you paint it will be uneven and you may still be able to see where the holes were.

My husnband is the rgeat handy amn and he taught me how to do this, it is sooo easy my 10 year old helps me. I to pulled everything down a couple of months ago to paint. You buy a tube of dap/caulk. Go to one room at a time and fill in the holes...you squeeze out a little bit og dap on your finger and smooth it across the hole. You may need a tiny bit more for bigger holes but that all you do. I think the hardest oart would be inspecting the walls and making sure you find each individual hole...LOL

As long as they're small holes you can use plain white toothpaste.
Sounds crazy, but it works great!

You can go to Walmart in the hardware department they sell a tube called putty to fill the holes. It costs about $2 something. Hope that this helps!!!!

I second the tooth paste Idea, I saw it on a home design show and it does work... i even used the blue toothpaste once and just painted over it when it dried.

1 / 3